Scientific Advisor Senior - Rehabilitation
Number of Job Openings Available:1
Date Posted:January 26, 2024
Department:16000481 Courage Kenny Research Center Research
Shift:Day (United States of America)
Shift Length:8 hour shift
Hours Per Week:40
Job Summary:Initiate, lead, facilitate and/or guide relevant research projects that may be internally or externally funded. Projects may follow a self-initiated (Principal Investigator) line of research or involve project ideas originated by clinicians who may need support or mentoring. Projects may also represent collaborative efforts across clinical service lines.
The Courage Kenny Rehabilitation Institute (CKRI) is the largest provider of rehabilitation services in the State of Minnesota. The Courage Kenny Research Center (CKRC) partners with CKRI to answer complex questions that will ultimately enable people with a wide array of physical, cognitive, and/or emotional limitations to live full and satisfying lives. Research at CKRC is led by Senior Scientific Advisors who are subject matter experts in rehabilitation fields. CKRC is a key and integral member of several federal and state grant partnerships, and is well-positioned to continue to expand our reach. CKRC has particular growth opportunities in the area of neurorehabilitation (e.g., spinal cord injury) along with research relevant to the practice of physical or occupational therapy.
Key Position Details:
- Potential for remote/hybrid in this role (depending on work being done)
- Primary location is Abbott Northwestern Minneapolis with possibility of some work at our Golden Valley Courage Kenny site
- Benefit Eligible
- Grant writing and procure funding
- Provide operational and scientific expertise for research process.
- Partner with senior leadership to identify, design and initiate relevant studies.
- Secure funding
- Assume primary responsibility for compilation of supporting literature and substantial sections of written proposal.
- Facilitate acquisition of supporting data for proposals.
- Identify and match external funding sources with research agenda.
- Study implementation.
- Serve as principal or co-investigator on studies.
- Provide study specific training to the research team.
- Provide oversight for all aspects of study implementation and regulatory compliance.
- Study dissemination
- Facilitate the dissemination of research findings via manuscript preparation, publication and presentation.
- Lead manuscript submission teams.
- Perform high level analytics required for manuscript development.
- Develop study design
- Refine study questions.
- Lead or assist in the development of the proposed research design and methods.
- Compare overall study plan/methodology with investigator team.
- Accountable for the ethical conduct of research.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Master's degree in epidemiology, or related scientific discipline required or
- Doctoral/Ph.D. level advanced degree in epidemiology or related scientific discipline preferred
- 5 to 7 years Experience in measurement, epidemiology, or
- related scientific discipline, required
- health care related grant application research proposals, or general statistical methods and data analysis and reporting required
Lifting weight Up to 10 lbs. occasionally, negligible weight frequently