Occupational Therapist-Hospital Based Resource Team
Number of Job Openings Available:1
Date Posted:January 23, 2024
Posting Expiration Date:January 31, 2024
Department:31009811 Courage Kenny Rehabilitation Institute Therapy Staff Resources
Shift:Day (United States of America)
Shift Length:8 hour shift
Hours Per Week:40
Union Contract:SEIU-Interim-Abbott Northwestern Therapists
Job Summary:Allina Health is a not-for-profit health system that cares for individuals, families and communities throughout Minnesota and western Wisconsin. If you value putting patients first, consider a career at Allina Health. Our mission is to provide exceptional care as we prevent illness, restore health and provide comfort to all who entrust us with their care. This includes you and your loved ones. We are committed to providing whole person care, investing in your well-being, and enriching your career.
Key Position Details:
- Work 8am-4:30pm, Monday-Friday. Will have one weekend day shift (either Sat or Sun), no consistent rotation.
- Will receive resource premium pay for travel.
Provides care that is appropriate, efficient, and effective in meeting the customer's requirements for occupational therapy in a hospital, outpatient clinic, home health, mental health, skilled nursing facility or community based settings.
- Provides therapy to patients.
- Generates a therapy diagnosis by gathering patient data and assessing the patient.
- Designs, implements and modifies therapeutic interventions.
- Educates patient and family in establishing goals of treatment.
- Sets improvement levels and determines the amount of time needed to reach that level.
- Uses re-examination to determine whether predicted outcomes are reasonable modifies as necessary.
- Accommodates selection of tests and measures and therapeutic interventions to the age of the patient/client.
- Reports and records service charges.
- Provides safe patient equipment, ensures personal safety and safe work environment.
- Selects and delegates appropriate tasks of the plan of care.
Supervises therapeutic programs and activities carried out by aides.
- Coordinates care with inter-disciplinary referrals or referrals to other practitioners.
- Participates in performance improvement and process improvement activities for the department.
- Supports and promotes new services as requested.
- Provides ongoing input to enhance the services provided by the department.
- Develops and promotes new and current programs as requested.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's degree in Occupational Therapy from an accredited program
- 0 to 2 years occupational therapist experience
- Licensed Occupational Therapist - MN Department of Health required if service area is in Minnesota upon hire
- Licensed Occupational Therapist - WI Dept of Safety & Professional Services required if service area is in Wisconsin upon hire
- BLS Tier 1 - Basic Life Support - Multisource required within 60 Days
- Valid Driver’s License required upon hire - MN and WI residents must obtain a valid driver’s license in their state of residence within 60 days of employment if providing services for Home Care and Hospice
Lifting weight Up to 32 lbs. occasionally (*Allina Safe Patient Moving Policy), Up to 25 lbs. frequently