Number of Job Openings Available:1
Date Posted:January 22, 2024
Department:47002112 Rehab & Sports Medicine
Shift:Day/Evening (United States of America)
Shift Length:8 hour shift
Hours Per Week:40
Job Summary:To provide quality care that is appropriate, efficient, effective patient care meeting the patient’s requirements for physical therapy.
Key Position Details:
Physical Therapist position with the potential to provide coverage Primarily at CKRI Faribault Medical Center.
Primarily adult orthopedic and general outpatient with some acute care coverage.
Women's health and cancer rehab is an opportunity for growth, but not required,
New Graduates with clinical experience in above listed skill sets encouraged to apply.
- Provides therapy to patients.
- Assesses each patient, as related to the therapy requested on physician referral and provides reassessments.
- Gathers data including patient past and current health issues, systems review, selection of tests and measures to elicit additional information.
- Makes clinical judgments based on examination and data gathered to generate an accurate therapy diagnosis.
- Predicts optimal level of improvement and amount of time needed to reach that level.
- Uses reexamination to determine whether predicted outcomes and goals are reasonable and modifies as necessary.
- Involves patient and family in establishing goals of treatment.
- Designs implements and modifies therapeutic interventions.
- Uses re-examination to determine whether predicted outcomes are reasonable modifies as necessary.
- Coordinates, communicates, documents and bills per program, regulatory and professional standards.
- Accommodates selection of tests and measures and therapeutic interventions to the age of the patient or client.
- Make referrals to other practitioners as appropriate.
- Selects and delegates appropriate tasks of the plan of care per professional guidelines.
- Supervises the therapeutic program and maintains oversight of the plan of care.
- Promotes rehab services by ensuring patient and physician satisfaction.
- Participates in performance improvement and process improvement activities for the department.
- Supports and promotes new services as requested.
- Provides ongoing input to enhance the services provided by the department.
- Develops and promotes new and current programs as requested.
- Assists co-workers in managing the teams’ productivity/performance targets.
- Manage their daily patient schedule.
- Assists in maintaining an efficient clinic flow including assisting with scheduling, cleaning rooms and laundry.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's degree in Physical Therapy from an accredited program required
- 0 to 2 years in the practice or program area required
- Licensed Physical Therapist - MN State Board of Physical Therapy required if providing services in Minnesota upon hire or
- Licensed Physical Therapist - WI Dept of Safety & Professional Services required if providing services in Wisconsin upon hire and
- BLS Tier 1 - Basic Life Support - Multisource required within 60 Days
- Valid Driver’s License required upon hire - MN and WI residents must obtain a valid driver’s license in their state of residence within 60 days of employment if providing services for Home Care and Hospice
Lifting weight Up to 32 lbs. occasionally (*Allina Safe Patient Moving Policy), Up to 25 lbs. frequently