Number of Job Openings Available:1
Date Posted:January 22, 2024
Department:34009950 AHCI Cancer Center Saint Paul
Shift:Day (United States of America)
Shift Length:8 hour shift
Hours Per Week:40
Job Summary:Maintains systems essential to the daily operations supporting patient care. Schedules and coordinates a variety of appointments, procedures and tests, maintains and communicates department and provider schedules and provides excellent department support to promote efficient, effective clinical operations and provide exceptional patient experience.
Key Position Details:
- No Weekends--No Major Holidays
- Position primarily handles Scheduling for Allina Health Cancer Institute
- Schedules and/or reschedules patient appointments, procedures, diagnostic tests, surgeries, hospital admissions and other related appointments between multiple providers.
- May enter all scheduling documentation in the electronic medical record.
- Verifies insurance and obtains prior authorizations as needed, may register patients.
- May manage the patient outcome tool, including preparation and distribution.
- May create, delete and modify schedule versions and calendars to reflect changes in provider schedules.
- Arranges interpreter services for patients as needed.
- Administrative department support.
- May provide department reception, patient check-in.
- Provides telephone coverage, routing messages accordingly.
- May track insurance verification using multiple systems.
- May maintain lobby area.
- May ensure that patient documentation is complete and is responsible for an insurance or referral work queue.
- Organizes and maintains department records, manuals and patient education materials.
- Participates in completion of patient data reporting requirements and compliance with regulatory standards.
- May create and maintain all training materials for new and current employees.
- May assist physicians with reimbursements/expense reports, physician credentialing, charge capture and medical records.
- Chart preparation.
- Analyzes patient records to determine if outside documents are needed.
- Reviews patient consent forms and ensures they are updated with the patient.
- Contacts document source, obtains records, scans and indexes into the electronic medical record.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Must be 18 years of age with education and/or experience needed to meet required functional competencies as listed on the job description, and High school diploma or GED preferred
- Post secondary education in medical field preferred
- 2 to 5 years experience in a medical office including administrative support, scheduling, customer service, working knowledge of Microsoft Suite and electronic medical records preferred
Lifting weight Up to 10 lbs. occasionally, negligible weight frequently