Number of Job Openings Available:1
Date Posted:January 19, 2024
Department:30009031 Allina Health Hospitalist Abbott Northwestern
Shift:Day/Evening/Night (United States of America)
Shift Length:Variable shift length
Hours Per Week:40
Weekend Rotation:Alternative Weekend Plan
Job Summary:Provides general medical and pediatric care to hospitalized patients of all ages and performs procedures in the inpatient setting. Provides education, consultation or intervention to patients (treatment plan) and their families.
Serves as the patient's primary physician during patient hospitalization.
Key Position Details:
- Provides general medical and pediatric care to hospitalized patients of all ages and performs procedures in the inpatient setting at both Abbott Northwestern and Children's Hospital.
- Our Med/peds hospitalist cover at Gillette Children's Specialty Healthcare and cover the newborn nursery at United Hospital.
- Clinically we strive to care for children and adults across the spectrum, but we specialize in the care of those with very complex health issues.
- Participate in leadership activities within the hospital and health system.
- Clinical work includes newborn care, and we are the health system's leaders for quality and innovation for newborn care.
- EMR: Excellian is one of the most comprehensive electronic health records (EHR) systems in the nation.
- 18 full and part time dual boarded IM-Peds physicians in a Hospitalist team of 85 Physician and 3 APP's
- Schedule is 7–12-day shifts and 1-4 night shifts every 4 weeks.
- Full time physicians see a 3:2 ratio of adults to pediatric patients.
- Collegial group involved in our volunteering in communities, locally and internationally.
- Prioritize work life balance.
- Full Time Med/Peds
- MD, DO, or foreign equivalency training required.
- Accredited Residency training program in Internal Medicine and Pediatrics required.
- BC/BE for Internal Medicine (ABIM) and Pediatrics (ABP)
- Active, non-restricted medical license in MN (or ability to obtain)
- BLS Tier 3 - Multisource required within 180 days of hire
- Ability to obtain and/or maintain MN DEA certification and National Provider Identifier (NPI)
- Ability to meet criteria/qualifications for Credentialing and hospital privileges
Abbott Northwestern Hospital, located in south Minneapolis, is a quaternary, not-for-profit hospital in the Twin Cities and is recognized as an ANCC Magnet-designated hospital. Abbott is known around the region and across the U.S. for its centers of excellence: cancer care through Allina Health Cancer Institute; cardiovascular services in partnership with the Minneapolis Heart Institute; Allina Health Neuroscience, Spine and Pain Institute.; Orthopedic Institute and orthopedic partner of Minnesota United FC.; Minnesota Perinatal Physicians Group, obstetrics and gynecology; physical rehabilitation through Courage Kenny Rehabilitation Institute; and more. With over 5000 employees, 1,397 physicians and 633 beds, Abbott Northwestern Hospital cares for nearly 370,000 patients and their families each year from the Twin Cities area and throughout the Upper Midwest.
Based in the Twin Cities of Minneapolis and St. Paul, Minnesota, Allina Health is a not for profit 503(c) organization, with 90+ clinics, 10 hospitals/13 campuses throughout the region including western Wisconsin. Allina Health operates in one of the nation’s most vibrant, livable areas; a place where you can build the career you want—and you and your family can be part of thriving community.
Allina Health’s commitment to Whole Person Care – mind, body, spirit and connection to community – defines our approach and how we shape our offerings. Our Primary Care providers partner with our Mental Health service line and the Penny George Institute for Health and Healing to provide whole person care in the clinic setting. When we provide Whole Person Care, we help people do more, feel stronger and live better than they ever thought possible.
Lifting weight Up to 32 lbs. occasionally (*Allina Safe Patient Moving Policy), Up to 25 lbs. frequently