Medical Weight Management APP (NP or PA)
Number of Job Openings Available:1
Date Posted:January 19, 2024
Department:62805600 United Bariatrics Clinic
Shift Length:8 hour shift
Hours Per Week:40
Job Summary:Allina Health is a not-for-profit health system that cares for individuals, families and communities throughout Minnesota and western Wisconsin. If you value putting patients first, consider a career at Allina Health. Our mission is to provide exceptional care as we prevent illness, restore health and provide comfort to all who entrust us with their care. This includes you and your loved ones. We are committed to providing whole person care, investing in your well-being, and enriching your career.
Key Position Details:
Provides help with all aspects of patient care, including diagnosis, treatments and consultations as part of a physician/nurse team in accordance with the designated specialty. Works in both inpatient and outpatient situations and can perform independently or as part of a treatment team. Serves as an educator, case manager, consultant to staff and multidisciplinary health care team.
- Provides clinical care for patients
- Completes comprehensive patient assessments.
- Determines diagnosis and treatment of illness.
- Orders and interprets medical diagnostics in tandem with attending physician.
- Prescribes medications, treatments, therapy and medical equipment.
- Conducts patient education when working to manage chronic illness or wellness care.
- Refers for specialty care when determined.
- Consults with physician when patient needs outside of Nurse Practitioner scope of practice, diagnosis or treatment plan is unclear.
- Master's degree - Completion of accredited Nurse Practitioner program
- Minimum 1- 2 years experience in a primary or specialty clinic setting
- Licensed Registered Nurse - MN Board of Nursing required upon hire
- Certified Nurse Practitioner - American Nurse Credentialing Center (ANCC) certification within specialty required upon hire
- ACLS-BLS Tier 2 - Multisource required within 180 Days
- Drug Enforcement Administration required upon hire
- Valid Driver’s License required upon hire - MN and WI residents must obtain a valid driver’s license in their state of residence within 60 days of employment for those working in Complex Care for Seniors, Community Palliative Care and Hospice
Lifting weight Up to 32 lbs. occasionally (*Allina Safe Patient Moving Policy), Up to 25 lbs. frequently