Oncology Infusion Nurse- AHCI Cancer Center
Number of Job Openings Available:1
Date Posted:January 12, 2024
Department:31002916 AHCI Infusion Minneapolis
Shift:Day/Evening (United States of America)
Shift Length:8 hour shift
Hours Per Week:24
Job Summary:Manages patient care infusion encounters by utilizing a systematic approach to nursing practice that includes assessment, planning, implementation, and evaluation in accordance with the Nurse Practice Act. This includes collaborating with multidisciplinary hematology/oncology care team members, along with internal and external ancillary partners, in a fast-paced environment. Dedicated to the growth and development of the Allina Health Cancer Institute, incorporating evidence-based practice initiatives that align with ONS, NCCN, COC, and organizational standards of care.
Key Position Details:
- No weekends at this time but planning for required weekend coverage in the future.
- Delivery of chemotherapy, biotherapy and supportive care to hematology/oncology patients in accordance with Nurse Practice Act, recognized professional standards, and Allina Health Cancer Institute Policy.
- Complete Patient Assessment and Education.
- Collaborate with health care team in order to coordinate and maintain continuity of care.
- Administrative tasks including indirect nursing activities which promote quality patient care.
- Documentation of care per Allina Health Cancer Institute policies and practice.
- Maintain overall accountability/responsibility for assigned patients
- Comply with research protocols.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Associate's or Vocational degree in Nursing. Along with 1 year of ambulatory chemo/biotherapy experience or 3 years inpatient chemo/biotherapy infusion experience required
- Bachelor's degree in Nursing preferred
- 0 to 2 years experience with Ambulatory Chemotherapy/Biotherapy Infusion. May consider nurses with 2 or more years inpatient chemo/biotherapy infusion experience required
- 0 to 2 years Peripheral IV Insertion skills. Or willing to be trained within 60 days of hire preferred
- 0 to 2 years Phlebotomy skills. Or willing to be trained within 60 days of hire preferred
- 0 to 2 years EPIC EMR, including Beacon application. Or willing to be trained at time of hire preferred
- Licensed Registered Nurse - MN Board of Nursing required
- BLS Tier 1 - Basic Life Support - Multisource required
- ONS Chemotherapy/Biotherapy Infusion Certification required
- Oncology Nurse Certification (ONC) Obtain within 2 years of hire required
Lifting weight Up to 32 lbs. occasionally (*Allina Safe Patient Moving Policy), Up to 25 lbs. frequently