Adult Partial Hospitalization and Outpatient Psychiatrist - Waconia, MN
Number of Job Openings Available:1
Date Posted:January 09, 2024
Department:16000605 Allina Mental Health Admin
Shift:Day (United States of America)
Shift Length:8 hour shift
Hours Per Week:40
Job Summary:Ridgeview Medical Center is partnering with Allina Health’s Mental Health and Addiction Clinical Service Line to grow mental health services in the western metro and surrounding communities. This position will be physically located at Ridgeview Medical Center – Waconia, MN and employed by Allina Health. The role will be part of a team consisting of psychiatry, mental health professionals, and nursing supporting an outpatient mental health clinic along with an eight-chair adult partial hospitalization program.
Allina Health has a robust Mental Health and Addiction Clinical Service Line that offers the full continuum of care including integration, specialty outpatient clinics, addiction, co-occurring services, partial hospitalization, day treatment, emergency, and inpatient care.
Key Position Details:
This position supports both the adult partial hospitalization program and outpatient psychiatric services. The partial hospitalization program allows providers to work closely with patients and their families as they meet 2-3 times a week for roughly 3 weeks and also partake in family sessions. PHP patient case load of eight chairs.
Benefits of the role:
- Therapy and Psychiatry mix
- Work with and lead an interdisciplinary team
- No call requirement
- Epic EMR
- Assess patients for appropriateness for level of care and their specific program
- Provides direct clinical care in psychiatry, including brief assessments and interventions.
- In collaboration with treatment team, patient and family, develop behaviorally-focused, outcomes-based treatment plans of care that address mental health, functional impairment, social and emotional needs, and/or medical disorders.
- Work with program RN on addressing and collaborating with outpatient providers on comorbid medical issues in our patient population.
- Actively participates in multidisciplinary team approach to case management.
- May provide care in an ambulatory clinic, inpatient or outpatient hospital setting.
- On site five days per week
- Develops and lead staff education in psychiatric issues.
- MD, DO, or foreign equivalency training required
- BE/BC with ABMS or AOA required
- Active, non-restricted medical license in MN (or ability to obtain)
- Ability to obtain and/or maintain MN DEA certification and National Provider Identifier (NPI)
- Ability to meet criteria/qualifications for Credentialing and hospital privileges, if applicable
Lifting weight Up to 20 lbs. occasionally, Up to 10 lbs. frequently