Number of Job Openings Available:1
Date Posted:January 08, 2024
Shift:Day/Evening/Night (United States of America)
Shift Length:Variable shift length
Hours Per Week:36
Union Contract:L167-1-EMTs and Paramedics
Weekend Rotation:Every Other
Job Summary:Allina Health is a not-for-profit health system that cares for individuals, families and communities throughout Minnesota and western Wisconsin. If you value putting patients first, consider a career at Allina Health. Our mission is to provide exceptional care as we prevent illness, restore health and provide comfort to all who entrust us with their care. This includes you and your loved ones. We are committed to providing whole person care, investing in your well-being, and enriching your career.
Key Position Details:
- Every Other Weekend Rotation Day/Evening/Night
- Variable Shift Lengths
- 72 Hours per 2-Week Pay Period
- Union Role
- Shift Bid Every 6-Months based on Seniority
Fully Benefit Eligible
Responds and provides pre-hospital 911 and non-911 facility to facility transports in the scope of certification and when applicable under the direction of a paramedic. Maintains and operates vehicle adhering to driving laws and company policy. Stocks and cleans vehicles.
- Provides patient care within scope of certification.
- Responds to 911 calls and under the direction of a paramedic, provides patient care in a pre-hospital setting.
- Witnesses the use and waste of Class A narcotics.
- Transports patients from scene or from facility to facility.
- Documents and provides reports to receiving facility.
- Establishes and maintains communications with internal and external customers.
- Maintains vehicle and equipment.
- Cleans and stocks.
- Operates vehicle in accordance with driving laws and company procedure.
- Maintains equipment and uses it per manufacturer and company procedure.
- Reports safety and/or potential safety hazards.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Must be 18 years of age with education and/or experience needed to meet required functional competences as listed on the job description
- 1 year driving experience
- High school diploma or GED
- 1 year working as an EMT
- Licensed Emergency Medical Tech - EMT - MN Emergency Medical Services Regulatory Board required if working in MN
- Licensed Emergency Medical Tech - EMT - WI - Emergency Medical Services required if working in WI
- Must meet at least ONE of the requirements below:
◦ Current BLS certification from the American Heart Association
◦ Current BLS certification from the American Red Cross
- Valid Driver’s License required upon hire - MN and WI residents must obtain a valid driver’s license in their state of residence within 60 days of employment required
Very Heavy Work:
Lifting weight Excess of 100 lbs. occasionally, Over 50 lbs. frequently