Number of Job Openings Available:1
Date Posted:January 08, 2024
Department:40008302 Dietitian Buffalo
Shift:Day (United States of America)
Shift Length:8 hour shift
Hours Per Week:0
Weekend Rotation:Every 3rd
Job Summary:Plans, directs and provides medical nutrition therapy to inpatients, outpatients and staff within the community. Assesses nutritional status and provides individualized nutrition care plans and education from the analysis of the medical record and patient information. Provides nutrition education within the organization and community.
Key Position Details:
- Casual Role that can be Remote or in-person coverage for Buffalo and Cambridge sites
- Every 3rd weekend rotation may pick up more
- Patient Care
- Develops individualized nutrition care plans for medically unstable patients of all ages.
- Assesses need for, delivers and evaluates effect of nutrition counseling for clients of varying medical problems.
- Utilizes nutrition screens/assessment tools to address identified needs for patients.
- May require development of therapeutic plans for specialized nutrition support, including enteral and parenteral nutrition.
- Assesses needs and identifies designated resources to initiate follow-up nutrition care.
- Works in collaboration with health team members, patients and families in the care process.
- Documents patient information and communication in the electronic medical record.
- Nutrition Education
- Coordinates work experiences for internship learning goals, monitors and evaluates progress.
- Provides nutrition education to hospital support groups and the community.
- Provides education follow-up to align with patient treatment goals.
- May assist in developing and revising patient education materials and protocols.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's degree in Nutrition Services or Dietetics, and successful completion of an Accreditation Council for Education in Nutrition and Dietetics (ACEND) accredited and supervised practice program required or
- Master's degree in Clinical Nutrition, Biochemistry, Education or Public Health preferred
- 2 to 5 years experience working in a hospital and/or clinic setting required and
- Comprehensive knowledge and application of nutrition services and medical nutrition therapy required
- Registered Dietitian - Commission on Dietetic Registration
Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics required from the State of Minnesota upon hire and
- Certified Diabetes Educator - National Certification Board for Diabetes Educators preferred upon hire
- Registered with Commission on Dietetic Registration (CDR) Registered with Commission on Dietetic Registration (CDR) upon hire required and
- Certified Nutrition Support Dietitian (CNSD) Certified Nutrition Support Dietitian (CNSD) upon hire preferred and
- Valid Driver’s License required upon hire - MN and WI residents must obtain a valid driver’s license in their state of residence within 60 days of employment if providing services for Home Care and Hospice
Lifting weight Up to 10 lbs. occasionally, negligible weight frequently