Number of Job Openings Available:1
Date Posted:January 08, 2024
Department:16000605 Allina Mental Health Admin
Shift:Day/Evening (United States of America)
Shift Length:8 hour shift
Hours Per Week:40
Job Summary:The Licensed Therapist performs mental health diagnostic assessment and provides individual, family and group therapy with the established program(s) and services. Serves by collecting and evaluating information about client situation; establishing treatment goals with client; determining treatment methodologies; suggesting and exploring resolutions; discussing progress toward goals; evaluating and adjusting treatment provided.
Allina Health has a robust Mental Health and Addiction Clinical Service Line that offers the full continuum of care including integration, specialty outpatient clinics, addiction and co-occurring services, partial hospitalization and day treatment, and inpatient care. There are more than 290 mental health and addiction clinicians dedicated to the highest quality patient care across 45 primary care clinics, 6 integrated psychiatry locations, 4 hospital-based clinics, 15 partial and day treatment programs, 15 Allina and affiliated Emergency Departments, and 7 hospitals with 270 inpatient beds. The Mental Health and Addiction Clinical Service Line is led by both psychiatry and psychology clinical leadership, in partnership with operations to advance mental health care for patients across Allina Health.
Key Position Details:
Ridgeview Medical Center is partnering with Allina Health to grow mental health services in the western metro and surrounding communities. This position will be physically located at Ridgeview Medical Center – Waconia, MN and employed by Allina Health. The role will be part of a team consisting of psychiatry, mental health professionals, and nursing supporting an outpatient mental health clinic along with an eight-chair partial hospitalization program.
- Perform initial clinical assessment.
- Complete a diagnostic assessment that meets the requirements of regulatory agencies.
- Reassess patient and progress in treatment.
- Meet requirements of third party payers, including seeking authorization.
- Complete treatment plan per department process.
- Documentation of patient, and family if appropriate, participation in development of treatment plan.
- Review treatment plan with patient at regular intervals.
- Initiate referrals to other providers and agencies when appropriate.
- Coordinate discharge planning.
- Provide individual, family and group therapy as identified by treatment plan.
- Coordinate treatment with other community agencies/providers when appropriate.
- Provide patient and family education.
- Master's degree in Mental Health or related field required
- 2 to 5 Years in licensed practice preferred
- Licensed Independent Clinical Social Worker - MN Board of Social Work required upon hire or
- Licensed Marriage & Family Therapist - MN Board of Marriage and Family Therapy required upon hire or
- Licensed Professional Clinical Counselor - MN Board of Behavioral Health & Therapy required upon hire or
- Licensed Psychologist - MN Board of Psychology required upon hire and
- BLS Tier 1 - Basic Life Support - Multisource preferred within 60 Days
Lifting weight Up to 10 lbs. occasionally, negligible weight frequently