General Surgeon - Acute Care Service - Abbott Northwestern
Number of Job Openings Available:1
Date Posted:December 21, 2023
Department:62865600 Surgery Southwest
Shift:Day (United States of America)
Shift Length:8 hour shift
Hours Per Week:40
Job Summary:Responsible for direct patient care by reviewing patient's medical history while collecting, prioritizing, and synthesizing comprehensive data pertinent to the patient's health or situation. Provides education, consultation or intervention to patients (treatment plan) and their families.
Key Position Details:
- Provides direct patient care for general surgery clinical patients.
- Reviews patient's medical history while collecting, prioritizing, and synthesizing comprehensive data pertinent to the patient's health or situation.
- Evaluates, interprets, and coordinates information to make decisions and recommendations regarding patient care.
- Provides education, consultation or intervention to patients (treatment plan) and their families.
- Works collaboratively with patients to improve their health and well-being.
- Practices in a thoughtful manner including consideration for cultural diversity, individual autonomy and legal responsibilities.
- Performs general surgery procedures and care.
- Provides preoperative and postoperative care.
- Charts in electronic format in accordance with licensure and scope.
- Actively participates in multidisciplinary team approach to case management.
- May provide care in an ambulatory clinic, inpatient or outpatient hospital setting.
- May participate in on-call rotation.
- Doctoral/Ph.D. level advanced degree in Doctor of Medicine, Doctor of Osteopathic Medicine or foreign equivalent from an approved school of medicine required and
- Completion of an Accreditation Council for Graduate Medical Education (ACGME) or American Osteopathic Association (AOA) accredited Residency training program and/or fellowship in General Surgery required
- Licensed Physician - MN Board of Medical Practice required if working in MN upon hire and
- ACLS-BLS Tier 3 - Multisource required depending on business unit within 180 Days and
- Licensed Physician - MN if working in MN upon hire required and
- Board Certification or Board Eligibility in General Surgery upon hire required and
- Drug Enforcement Agency Certificate upon hire required and
- Prescription Monitoring Program upon hire required and
- National Provider Identifier upon hire required
Lifting weight Up to 32 lbs. occasionally (*Allina Safe Patient Moving Policy), Up to 25 lbs. frequently