Number of Job Openings Available:1
Date Posted:December 13, 2023
Department:31005036 AHMHI Echo Lab MPLS
Shift:Day (United States of America)
Shift Length:8 hour shift
Hours Per Week:0
Job Summary:Provides high quality cardiac ultrasound exams for cardiologist interpretation, resulting in accurate diagnosis and/or shorter length of stay without repeat scans.
Key Position Details:
- Casual Role
- Weekday or Weekend shifts available
- Required to Pick-up 2-Shifts per Month
- On Call Not Required for Casual Employees - option to pick up
- 8 hour Shifts available: 7:30am - 4:00pm or 8:00am - 4:30pm
- 10 hour shifts available: 7:30am - 6:00pm
- Performs routine and special cardiac procedures in compliance with physician orders and department guidelines
- Identifies patient and does set up for exam.
- Documents accurately all needed aspects of the procedure.
- Observes and communicates with patient responding to needs.
- Maintains safe patient environment in procedure area.
- Completes procedures with high degree of accuracy
- Demonstrates appropriate knowledge of all diagnostic equipment.
- Maintains work knowledge and competence.
- Gathers all relevant information to assist in interpretation of images.
- Verifies all imaging has appropriately transferred to imaging storage and retrieval system.
- Communicates with RN regarding patient status
- Works together during specific procedures to ensure appropriate patient care.
- Notifies RN of immediate patient needs or concerns.
- Performs additional duties to complete process
- Finalizes scan reports and sends to appropriate area for reading.
- Participates in room turnover, including cleaning of equipment.
- Restocks and prepares room for next patient.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Associate's or Vocational degree from a diagnostic sonography program required, echocardiography preferred
- Cardiac Sonography experience required
- BLS Tier 1 - Basic Life Support - Multisource required
- Registered Diagnostic Cardiac Sonographer registry eligible upon hire required
- Board certified within 6 months of hire; if working at St. Francis, must be able to obtain certification within 1 year of hire
- Valid Driver’s License required upon hire - MN and WI residents must obtain a valid driver’s license in their state of residence within 60 days of employment if working in MHI Mobile Echo department
Lifting weight Up to 32 lbs. occasionally (*Allina Safe Patient Moving Policy), Up to 25 lbs. frequently