Inpatient Addiction Psychiatrist
Number of Job Openings Available:1
Date Posted:December 06, 2023
Department:38029941 Unity IP Mental Health MD's
Shift:Day (United States of America)
Shift Length:8 hour shift
Hours Per Week:40
Job Summary:Allina Health has a robust Mental Health and Addiction Clinical Service Line that offers the full continuum of care including integration, specialty outpatient clinics, addiction, co-occurring services, partial hospitalization, day treatment, emergency, and inpatient care.
Key Position Details:
As an inpatient addiction psychiatrist in an OTP (opioid treatment program) licensed program, you will:
- Provide services for individuals experiencing complex mental health and addiction care needs.
- Support a comprehensive, evidence-based collaborative team-based approach supporting our patients' mental health and emotional well-being.
- Work closely with other areas of care, collaborating with teams on medical units, intermediate care and clinics.
- Work weekdays with some weekend and holiday call rotations.
- May provide supervision of APP.
Physician Talent Acquisition
- Consults with providers to assist with ongoing management of substance use and behavioral health needs of their patients.
- Develops behaviorally focused, outcomes-based treatment plans of care that address mental health, functional impairment, and co-occurring addictive or medical disorders.
- Develops and leads staff education in psychiatric issues.
- MD, DO, or foreign equivalency training required
- BE/BC with ABMS or AOA required
- Active, non-restricted medical license in MN (or ability to obtain)
- Ability to obtain and/or maintain MN DEA certification and National Provider Identifier (NPI)
- Ability to meet criteria/qualifications for Credentialing and hospital privileges, if applicable
- Completion of addiction fellowship or ASAM (American Society of Addiction Medicine) certification
Lifting weight Up to 20 lbs. occasionally, Up to 10 lbs. frequently