Number of Job Openings Available:1
Date Posted:December 01, 2023
Department:44008029 Operation of Plant
Shift:Day (United States of America)
Shift Length:8 hour shift
Hours Per Week:40
Weekend Rotation:Every 3rd
Job Summary:Allina Health is a not-for-profit health system that cares for individuals, families and communities throughout Minnesota and western Wisconsin. If you value putting patients first, consider a career at Allina Health. Our mission is to provide exceptional care as we prevent illness, restore health and provide comfort to all who entrust us with their care. This includes you and your loved ones. We are committed to providing whole person care, investing in your well-being, and enriching your career.
Key Position Details:
- 1B Boilers License Required
- Shifts will rotate in start times varying from 6am to 8:30am.
- Every third week will be on call and weekend hours every third week are 7am-9am.
- Must be able to be on site as soon as possible but no longer then 45 minutes when on call.
To maintain a safe and effective environment through maintenance, repair and operation of all mechanical, pneumatic and ventilating equipment. Prevent unscheduled downtime of equipment.
- Provides maintenance and repairs to building structures, building systems, and equipment contained therein.
- Service, repair, and maintain refrigeration and HVAC system.
- Service, repair and install piping, fixtures, fittings and associated hardware for compressed gasses, vacuum, steam, potable and non-potable plumbing systems.
- Do electrical replacements, repairs and maintenance of electrical equipment.
- Report hazards and/or potential work hazards in our facilities in order to prevent injury to self, peers, patients, and visitors.
- Maintain record of all inspections, testing and repairs to comply with regulatory and insurance agency requirements.
- May perform emergency repairs on critical life safety and none-life safety equipment which could include patient beds, surgical gurneys, utilities disruption, nurse call, TVs and electronics.
- May perform daily rounds in designated areas to assure facility is in good, safe working condition.
- May need to order materials, supplies and parts.
- Operate heating plant boilers when properly licensed.
- Takes charge of the heating plant and makes adjustments to building systems.
- Preventative and Corrective Maintenance.
- May perform interior preventative maintenance which could include panting, electrical, plumbing, light carpentry and HVAC related needs.
- May perform exterior preventative maintenance which could include roof checks, grounds checks and snow removal.
- Preventative Maintenance helps prevent possible downtime
- May include inspecting, cleaning and changing air filters, including electronic filters.
- May provide waste handling and disposal.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Must be 18 years of age with education and/or experience needed to meet required functional competencies
- 2 to 5 years of maintenance Experience (Hospital setting preferred)
- High school diploma
- Vocational or Technical Training in Engineering
- 2 to 5 years of experience in refrigeration cycle, electrical knowledge, welding, HVAC, pneumatic control experience and fire system
- Minnesota locations, Special Class Engineer Boiler License is required at time of hire; if working at Abbott, must be able to obtain within 90 days of hire
- United, Mercy, or Unity campus, 2nd Class B License must be obtained within 15 months of employment
- Valid Driver’s License required upon hire - MN and WI residents must obtain a valid driver’s license in their state of residence within 60 days of employment
Lifting weight Up to 100 lbs. occasionally, Up to 50 lbs. frequently