Adult Psychiatrist Partial Hospital and Outpatient - Faribault, MN
Number of Job Openings Available:1
Date Posted:November 29, 2023
Department:47004083 Mental Health Partial and Day Outpatient AH Faribault Medical Center
Shift:Day (United States of America)
Shift Length:8 hour shift
Hours Per Week:40
Job Summary:This position supports adult outpatient and adult partial hospitalization programs. The partial hospitalization program allows providers to work closely with patients and their families as they meet with them 2-3 times a week for about 3 weeks and have the option to partake in family sessions. Patient case load varies from 8 to 24, based on program size and provider FTE with 1.0 FTE for 24 chairs in adult PHP.
Benefits of the role:
•Providers can engage patients in individual therapy if they choose to
•Work with and lead an interdisciplinary team of therapists, RN and program assistant
Key Position Details:
Allina Health has a robust Mental Health and Addiction Clinical Service Line that offers the full continuum of care including integration, specialty outpatient clinics, addiction, co-occurring services, partial hospitalization, day treatment, emergency, and inpatient care.
Faribault, a dynamic, growing community of 23,352 residents situated at the confluence of the Cannon and Straight Rivers in Southern Minnesota. Located along Interstate 35, just 25 minutes south of the Twin Cities metropolitan area, our community enjoys the advantages and conveniences of being near a major metropolitan center while providing the livability of small town Minnesota. Faribault offers an atmosphere of planned, well-managed growth against a rich historical backdrop.
- Assess patients for appropriateness for level of care and their specific program
- Provides direct clinical care in psychiatry, including brief assessments and interventions.
- In collaboration with treatment team, patient and family , develop behaviorally-focused, outcomes-based treatment plans of care that address mental health, functional impairment, and co-occurring addictive or medical disorders.
- Work with program RN on addressing and collaborating with outpatient providers on comorbid medical issues in our patient population
- Actively participates in multidisciplinary team approach to case management.
- May provide care in an ambulatory clinic, inpatient or outpatient hospital setting.
- May participate in on-call rotation.
- Develops and lead staff education in psychiatric issues.
- MD, DO, or foreign equivalency training required
- BE/BC with ABMS or AOA required
- Active, non-restricted medical license in MN (or ability to obtain)
- Ability to obtain and/or maintain MN DEA certification and National Provider Identifier (NPI)
- Ability to meet criteria/qualifications for Credentialing and hospital privileges, if applicable
Lifting weight Up to 20 lbs. occasionally, Up to 10 lbs. frequently