Occupational Therapist- Per Diem
Number of Job Openings Available:1
Date Posted:November 29, 2023
Department:41002200 Courage Kenny Rehabilitation Institute Occupational Therapy Cambridge Medical Center
Shift:Day/Evening (United States of America)
Shift Length:8 hour shift
Hours Per Week:0
Job Summary:Provides care that is appropriate, efficient, and effective in meeting the customer's requirements for occupational therapy in a hospital, outpatient clinic, home health, mental health, skilled nursing facility or community based settings.
Key Position Details:
- Casual OT position with CMC CKRI paid at Per Diem Rate.
- Must work at least 2 weekends per month (every other weekend) with the opportunity for more weekends.
- Weekend coverage is for acute care only. There will also be Opportunities to cover in our Outpatient Department.
- Provides therapy to patients.
- Generates a therapy diagnosis by gathering patient data and assessing the patient.
- Designs, implements and modifies therapeutic interventions.
- Educates patient and family in establishing goals of treatment.
- Sets improvement levels and determines the amount of time needed to reach that level.
- Uses re-examination to determine whether predicted outcomes are reasonable modifies as necessary.
- Accommodates selection of tests and measures and therapeutic interventions to the age of the patient/client.
- Reports and records service charges.
- Provides safe patient equipment, ensures personal safety and safe work environment.
- Selects and delegates appropriate tasks of the plan of care.
- Supervises therapeutic programs and activities carried out by aides.
- Coordinates care with inter-disciplinary referrals or referrals to other practitioners.
- Participates in performance improvement and process improvement activities for the department.
- Supports and promotes new services as requested.
- Provides ongoing input to enhance the services provided by the department.
- Develops and promotes new and current programs as requested.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's degree in Occupational Therapy from an accredited program required
- 0 to 2 years occupational therapist experience required
- Licensed Occupational Therapist - MN Department of Health required if service area is in Minnesota upon hire or
- Certified Occupational Therapist - National Board for Certification in Occupational Therapy required upon hire or
- BLS Tier 1 - Basic Life Support - Multisource required within 60 Days
Lifting weight Up to 32 lbs. occasionally (*Allina Safe Patient Moving Policy), Up to 25 lbs. frequently