Laser and Navigation Technician
Number of Job Openings Available:1
Date Posted:November 15, 2023
Department:31006911 Surgery Laser Services
Shift:Permanent Evenings (United States of America)
Shift Length:8 hour shift
Hours Per Week:40
Job Summary:Operates, supervises and transports a laser or navigation system in health care settings to support patient care. Responsible for technical expertise, equipment operation, transportation, insuring safety of patient and caregivers throughout procedure.
Key Position Details:
- No holidays
- Weekend call rotation through team
- Maintains lasers and related equipment
- Provides on-site repair, adjustment of equipment.
- Prepares equipment to fit into each health care facility, both physically and electrically.
- Works with Central Equipment Services to assure maintenance and documentation of equipment as appropriate.
- Coordinates with leadership to identify equipment/supply needs to maintain fleet.
- Transports and performs technical support services
- Serves as Laser Safety Officer during procedures.
- Operates and transports lasers and other medical equipment/services in health care setting.
- Maintains a safe working environment for all hazardous medical equipment following safety policies and procedures.
- Instructs physicians and surgical staff regarding laser physics, safety, tissue interactions, and preoperative concerns.
- Maintains and provides accurate documentation.
- Consults on site requirements for equipment and supplies.
- Provides appropriate information/invoices for complete and accurate patient billing.
- Supports physician with Navigational Image-Guided Surgery System
- Provides assistance to surgeon with accurate placement of markers and running Stealth system during surgical procedure.
- Maintains working knowledge of the Stealth software for cranial and spinal procedures.
- Provides for patient and employee safety
- Maintains a safe environment when using equipment, following department polices and procedures.
- Follows safety/security procedures for emergency and non-emergency situations.
- Reports environmental risks or equipment malfunctions for resolution.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Vocational or Technical Training graduate of an accredited 2 year electronics, laser or surgical technology program preferred
- 0 to 2 years Technical competence in all aspects of laser work in health care preferred
- Certified Medical Laser Safety Officer recommend acquiring within 1 Year preferred
- Valid Driver’s License required upon hire - MN and WI residents must obtain a valid driver’s license in their state of residence within 60 days of employment
Lifting weight Up to 50 lbs. occasionally, Up to 25 lbs. frequently