Medical Assistant- West Health Clinic
Number of Job Openings Available:1
Date Posted:November 15, 2023
Department:62704400 Women's Health Consultants
Shift:Day (United States of America)
Shift Length:8 hour shift
Hours Per Week:40
Job Summary:Provides support to providers and the nursing staff in the delivery of timely, quality patient health care services. Some duties include training, co-coordinating workflow, assisting with rooming patients, managing patient flow and obtaining adequate patient medical information/data.
Key Position Details:
This position will have a primary focus on women's health.
Day Shift, no weekends, nights or holidays
Sign on bonus eligible
- Lead Duties.
- Directs and checks the work of others.
- Participates in the orientation and training of employees.
- Coordinates the workflow among employees within the work area.
- Provides technical and functional support to Employees.
- Informs management on the operational needs of the department.
- Provides patient care support and assists providers as instructed by the Physician, Provider or Registered Nurse (RN).
- Reports any acute problems and changes in patient's condition.
- Instructs patients in test/procedure preparation, over-the-counter medication administration and treatment with provider.
- Provides patient preventative or other heath information per provider or RN.
- Coordinates results of tests, procedures ect. with provider.
- Assists with scheduling appointments for patients.
- Prepares refill information for provider to review.
- Facilitates obtaining lab/imaging results and notify provider of abnormalities.
- Works with the electronic medical records in basket, responding to messages and results for provider.
- May need to perform injections using proper techniques.
- May need to help cover front desk and provide backup to patient registration.
- May assist with patient transportation.
- Rooms patients, manages patient flow and obtains adequate patient medical information/data.
- Performs rooming and vital signs according to standards.
- Assists with the collection, labeling, and processing of specimens.
- Confirms information with patient when necessary and document per practice.
- Keeps patient informed of provider schedule and notify provider when patient is ready.
- Cleans, re-stocks and maintains inventory for exam rooms and inventory for supply room.
- Ensures that supplies are ordered, stocked and inventory is maintained.
- Orders medical supplies and nutritional supplies.
- Sterilizes and ensures the proper maintenance occurs for all exam room equipment.
- Contributes to an environment that is safe for patients, visitors and employees.
- Reports environmental risks or equipment malfunctions to Supervisor.
- Uses equipment following policies, procedures and manufacturer directions or standards.
- Follows all policies and procedures when administering medication.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Must be 18 years of age with education and/or experience needed to meet required functional competencies as listed on the job description, and High school diploma or GED preferred
- 7+ Years of Medical Assistant experience required and
- BLS Tier 1 - Basic Life Support - Multisource required Certified by the American Heart Association or Allina BLS within 30 Days
- Non-Certified Applicants with less than six (6) months of Medical Assistant experience must have graduated from an accredited school with a clinical externship
- Certified Medical Assistant - CMA - American Association of Medical Assistants preferred
- Medical Terminology preferred
Lifting weight Up to 32 lbs. occasionally (*Allina Safe Patient Moving Policy), Up to 25 lbs. frequently