HIM Representative Senior
Number of Job Openings Available:1
Date Posted:November 15, 2023
Department:16008615 Health Information Management E Health Information Management
Shift:Day (United States of America)
Shift Length:8 hour shift
Hours Per Week:40
Job Summary:Maintains health information in both paper files and electronic systems. Reviews charts for accurate information, processes release of information requests (ROI), and locates and delivers medical and dictation records. May mentor and train staff and help guide work for associate and intermediate staff.
Key Position Details:
- Shift: 7:30am-4:00pm Monday-Friday
- Training onsite at the Commons for the first few months (Minneapolis)
- Remote work opportunity - Must be a resident of MN or WI
- Benefit Eligible
- Organizes and maintains health information records.
- Reviews electronic chart documentation ensuring correct patient, location, and no duplicate information.
- Processes release of information (ROI) requests.
- Manages requests for documentation and information.
- Scans and edits documents in the electronic medical record.
- Locates, logs, retrieves, files, and delivers medical records stored in various mediums and systems.
- Distributes reports and results.
- May train and mentor co-workers.
- Analyzes documentation and tracks completion to meet regulatory requirements.
- Promotes principles of health information accuracy, transparency, currency, accessibility, relevancy, and reliability.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Must be 18 years of age with education and/or experience needed to meet required functional competencies as listed on the job description, and High school diploma or GED preferred
- Associate's or Vocational degree in business, healthcare, or related field preferred
- Bachelor's degree in health information management, or related field preferred
- Less than 2 years' experience in health information management (HIM) preferred or
- Less than 2 years' experience working in a health-related environment preferred and
- Less than 2 years medical terminology experience preferred
- Less than 2 years' experience in customer service preferred
Lifting weight Up to 20 lbs. occasionally, Up to 10 lbs. frequently