Business Analyst Information Technology
Number of Job Openings Available:1
Date Posted:November 14, 2023
Department:16008717 Corporate Applications
Shift:Day (United States of America)
Shift Length:8 hour shift
Hours Per Week:40
Job Summary:This position consults with internal customers to analyze, design, develop and maintain the technical application systems to support business needs. Responsible for translating business requirements into technical system specifications for teams within the Information Technology (IT) department. Consult with end users on how to effectively use functionality. May make recommendations to management on process improvement, new process tools and techniques or services. Provide on-going support to end users.
Key Position Details:
Hybrid working from home and in office, 7:30a - 4:00p. Non-prime rotation; evening and weekends on-call only.
- Analysis and documentation
- Identify and define business, functional and interface requirements.
- Construct workflow charts and diagrams.
- Process complex service requests from the analysis and definition of customer requirements through intake, approvals, service delivery, implementation and fulfillment.
- Analyze and provide solutions or recommendations to resolve complex customer inquiries for functionality not working as implemented.
- Validate resource requirements, develop cost estimate models and gain sign-off from stakeholder.
- Manage simple requirement conflicts, and escalate complex requirement conflicts to senior level analysts.
- Communicate to internal IT providers of hardware, software and network requirements. Partner with senior analyst if negotiation is needed.
- Implement, modify, test, and administer business system applications under minimal supervision.
- Improve current systems by studying practices and designing modifications.
- Study and evaluate emerging technologies for potential company use.
- Customer management and support
- Prepare technical reports by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing information and trends.
- Implement, tests, and deploy solutions to business problems.
- Follow incident, change and release management processes.
- May be required to provide on-call support outside of regular business hours.
- Provide training for end-users and other analysts.
- Project management
- Under supervision, manage small to medium projects by developing project plans and monitoring performance.
- Actively participate on larger project teams utilizing project methodology tools.
- Prioritize initiatives based on business needs and requirements.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Must be 18 years of age with education and/or experience needed to meet required functional competencies as listed on the job description, and High school diploma or GED preferred
- Bachelor's degree in information technology, computer science or related field preferred
- 2 to 5 years experience in information technology, business analysis or related field preferred
Lifting weight Up to 10 lbs. occasionally, negligible weight frequently