Number of Job Openings Available:1
Date Posted:November 13, 2023
Department:34008300 Nutrition Services
Shift:Day/Evening (United States of America)
Shift Length:< 7 hour shift
Hours Per Week:20
Union Contract:SEIU-4-United Service Workers
Weekend Rotation:Every Other
Job Summary:Assist with the preparation and delivery of meals to all service areas including patients, cafeteria, catering and others. Uses proper cooking, cooling and reheating techniques to ensure food safety. Washes all dishes, trays, cookware, carts and utensils. May also operate a cash register.
Key Position Details:
- Day/Evening Variable Shifts
- Shift Differential
- 40 Hours per 2-Week Pay Period
- Every Other Weekend Rotation
- SEIU Union
- Benefit Eligible
- Assists in preparation and set-up of assigned food for patients and employees.
- Follows cycle menus, modified menus and standardized recipes when preparing food.
- Assembles patient food trays according to dietary needs.
- Delivers and retrieves patient food trays.
- Prepares items for meal service in cafeteria.
- During meal service, correctly restocks product and maintains area.
- May set up catered meals and snacks as scheduled.
- May operate cash register.
- Uses proper cooking, cooling and reheating techniques to ensure food safety.
- Checks temperatures regularly prior to serving food.
- Labels, dates, covers and stores food properly.
- Utilizes sanitizing techniques for food, self and equipment.
- Disposes of garbage and waste properly.
- Washes all dishes, trays, cookware, carts and utensils.
- Assists in putting away grocery orders.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Must be 16 years of age with education and/or experience needed to meet required functional competencies as listed on the job description
- Experience in food service and/or sanitation standards required with high school diploma or GED preferred
- High school diploma or GED preferred with one year of food service experience
Lifting weight Up to 50 lbs. occasionally, Up to 25 lbs. frequently