Adaptive Sports and Recreation Specialist Senior, Golden Valley- Courage Kenny
Number of Job Openings Available:1
Date Posted:November 13, 2023
Department:16001562 CKRI Adaptive Sports and Rec
Shift:Day/Evening/Night (United States of America)
Shift Length:8 hour shift
Hours Per Week:40
Job Summary:Design and provide sports and recreation programs for people with disabilities. Manage Sports and Recreation services, special events, and programming. Cultivate donor and community relationships.
Key Position Details:
Sports and Recreation Specialist Senior is focused on providing a variety of seasonal community-based adaptive sports and recreation programs. We are looking for someone that is wanting to grow with us professionally and embodies our vision of partnering with all people to live, work, learn and play to their full potential.
Key responsibilities include: program coordination, assessment, planning, implementation, and evaluation, event planning and administration, oversight of program operations, community building and partnerships, maintain program equipment, supervising and retaining volunteers
This is a full-time exempt (salaried) position, 40 hours per week. The Schedule varies seasonally depending on which sports programs are being conducted. Typically includes 1-2 evenings per week and 1 weekend day. Out-of-state travel may be required 1-2 times per year. Around 50 % of the time is spent on training/education for various adaptive sports and recreation applications, 30% of the time is spent on program delivery and program-related tasks and 20% on administrative tasks and support roles.
- Plan and coordinate community based sports and recreation programs for people with disabilities.
- Assess, plan, implement and evaluate all programs.
- Document program plan and data.
- Assess, plan, implement and evaluate special events.
- Support program operations.
- Administer program application process.
- Provide registration information and fees to program assistant.
- Coordinate travel for staff and volunteers.
- Travel with youth teams to tournaments.
- Maintain equipment and supply inventory.
- Provide ongoing leadership and training to volunteers and interns.
- Serve as a resource to participants, their families, volunteers, and community partners.
- Support donor relationships and fund raising.
- Promote program internally and externally, including media, partners, and community.
- Develop marketing materials, catalogs, etc., with Marketing and Communications.
- Present at conferences and events.
- Participate in fund raising events including publicity, logistics, documentation and evaluation.
- Interact and build relationships with donors.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's degree in Therapeutic Recreation or related field required or
- Bachelor's degree in Recreation Management required or
- Bachelor's degree in Special Education required or
- Bachelor's degree in Adaptive Physical Education required or
- Bachelor's degree in Sports Management required
- 5 to 7 years of experience working with people with disabilities, and adaptive sports and recreational activities required and
- 5 to 7 years in Microsoft Office skills especially Word and Excel required and
- Experience with charitable giving and donor relationships preferred
- 5 to 7 years in leadership experience, group facilitation and presentation experience preferred
- A combination of experience and education may be considered
- BLS Tier 1 - Basic Life Support - Allina Health within 60 Days
- Minnesota Driver's license For Minnesota business units Upon Hire required or
- Wisconsin Driver's license For Wisconsin business units Upon Hire required
Lifting weight Up to 20 lbs. occasionally, Up to 10 lbs. frequently