Pharmacy Technician - Casual
Number of Job Openings Available:1
Date Posted:November 10, 2023
Shift:Day/Evening/Night (United States of America)
Shift Length:8 hour shift
Hours Per Week:0
Union Contract:SEIU-4-Abbott Northwestern Residual Workers
Job Summary:Provides basic drug distribution and drug preparation services. Checks pharmaceutical stock to determine inventory level, preparing labels, calculating quantities and other pharmaceutical therapies. Functions under the supervision of the pharmacist.
Our Pharmacy Technicians play a critical role in providing world class care and personalized support to patients with complex medication needs. Use your expertise and attention to detail to enhance the overall patient experience, ultimately improving the quality of life for our valued patients.
Key Position Details:
- Prepares medications.
- Prepares and selects medications for distribution.
- Prepares oral extemporaneous products.
- Performs bulk compounding.
- May process refill requests and prior authorizations.
- May perform data entry and adjudication.
- Manage and support automated drug distribution and drug inventory.
- Medication picking, delivery, and restocking to automated dispensing cabinets (ADC).
- Troubleshoots basic problems identified by ADC users and/or peers.
- Delivers and restocks controlled substances.
- Assists with returns, waste, and reporting/resolution of discrepancies.
- May perform daily ordering.
- May perform inventory management.
- May use wholesaler return programs and supports reverse distribution processes.
- Complete and document quality assurance activities.
- Monitors expiration dating.
- Ensures pharmacy environment is clean and free of clutter, safe, and presents a professional atmosphere.
- Reports discrepancies or inaccuracies to pharmacist or supervisor.
- May complete audits for days supply, signatures, dates, take as directed and returns-to-stock.
- May maintain records of invoices, reports, and other documents.
- Repackages and labels bulk medications or splits tablets into unit dose packaging.
- Creates labels using standard format.
- Fills and labels prepacking medications.
- Assigns expiration dates and maintains records.
- Packages appropriate quantities.
- May check medications for packaging accuracy.
- Provides customer service.
- Answers phone and directs calls to appropriate party
- May manage point of sale
- May Consult refill management program to ensure safe, timely, and cost-effective utilization of medications.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Must be 18 years of age with education and/or experience needed to meet required functional competencies as listed on the job description, and High school diploma or GED preferred
- Vocational or Technical Training from an American Society of Health-System Pharmacists (ASHP) accredited pharmacy technician training program preferred
- 0 to 2 years pharmacy technician experience preferred
- Registered Pharmacy Technician - MN Board of Pharmacy required upon hire
- Certified Pharmacy Technician - Pharmacy Technician Certification Board required within 180 Days or Pharmacy Intern required
Lifting weight Up to 20 lbs. occasionally, Up to 10 lbs. frequently