Number of Job Openings Available:1
Date Posted:November 10, 2023
Department:31002912 AHCI Radiation Oncology Minneapolis
Shift:Day (United States of America)
Shift Length:8 hour shift
Hours Per Week:40
Job Summary:Under the direction of the radiation oncologist and in collaboration with the medical physicist, produces an external beam treatment plan by means of computer and/or manual computation that will deliver a prescribed radiation dose. Has the education and expertise necessary to generate radiation does distributions and dose calculation. The medical dosimetrist collaborates with all members of the Radiation Oncology Department.
Key Position Details:
-Experience with Varian Software & Eclipse treatment planning system preferred.
-Experience with IMRT, SRS, SRT, SBRT & DIBH treatment planning techniques.
-Will provide Dosimetry support to two locations United and Abbot Northwest
-Will participate in on-call rotations.
-Mon-Fri 7:30-4 (hours may vary)
- Treatment planning.
- Design a treatment plan by means of computer and/or manual computation to deliver prescribed dose in accordance with the Radiation Oncologist's prescription.
- Obtain patient data via data sets from imaging devices and incorporate into treatment plans.
- Utilizes computer software and various imaging modalities.
- Interprets and delineates anatomy and anatomical positioning on various imaging modalities.
- Applies detailed knowledge of radiobiology to treatment plans.
- Create and transfer reference images and localization markers for portal verification and treatment delivery.
- Performs or assists in the planning of fabrication of compensation filters, custom shields, wedges and other beam modifying devices.
- Performs contouring, calculates does, evaluates isodose distribution.
- Collaborative practice.
- Consults with the Radiation Oncologist and Radiation Physicist regarding treatment planning.
- May work with the radiation therapist for patient positioning and or treatment setup.
- Participates in weekly treatment planning conference, CQI, or other committees as assigned.
- Participates in special procedures offered in the department.
- Participates in development and implementation of new treatment techniques or technology.
- May provide education to patient regarding their treatment plan.
- May provide education and treatment planning instruction to staff and students as required.
- Provide emergency call coverage.
- Prepares treatment plan documentation in accordance with department policies.
- Documents treatment planning and quality assurance tasks accordingly.
- Performs accurate charge capture.
- Adherence to protocol parameters and submission of necessary documentation.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Associate's or Vocational degree in JRCERT accredited Radiation Therapy Program preferred or
- Bachelor's degree in JRCERT accredited Radiation Therapy Program preferred
- Minimum 2 years experience in radiation oncology required
- Minimum 2 years experience in use of treatment planning system, modes and techniques of radiation therapies, 3D and 2D calculations required
- BLS Tier 1 - Basic Life Support - Multisource required upon hire
- Radiologic Technologist (ARRT) In radiation therapy upon hire preferred
- Certified Medical Dosimetrist from Medical Dosimetrist Certification Board (MDCB) upon hire required
Lifting weight Up to 10 lbs. occasionally, negligible weight frequently