Security Dispatcher Lead - WRSOC - Abbott Northwestern Hospital
Number of Job Openings Available:1
Date Posted:November 10, 2023
Department:16008050 West Region Security
Shift:Permanent Nights (United States of America)
Shift Length:8 hour shift
Hours Per Week:40
Job Summary:Provides a safe and secure environment by managing emergency and non-emergency calls. Observes cameras, monitors alarms and radio networks. Initiates communications for urgent and evolving crises and emergency situations. May participate in additional leadership support efforts to include hiring, performance management, onboarding and training.
At Allina Health, our Security Operations Center Dispatch Team is dedicated to ensuring our staff, patients, and visitors feel safe during their visit at out hospital system by providing and receiving pertinent information to dispatch appropriately to the call.
Key Position Details:
- Tuesday - Saturday, overnight shifts
- Benefit Eligible
- Manages requests for security and emergency services.
- Monitors and answers phones, radios, intercoms, and other communication tools.
- Prioritizes calls for service based on urgency and criticality and initiates appropriate action.
- Gathers detailed information from caller.
- Records all officer activities via case/incident management system.
- Sends urgent communications using tools such as mass notification system, electronic and overhead paging systems.
- Supports Security Operations Center (SOC) leadership.
- Provides a professional presence and example to positively influence team culture.
- Uses knowledge of policies, procedures, and expectations to maximize individual performance and development.
- Supports performance management process by documenting performance-related observations and providing on the spot coaching.
- Receives, prioritizes, and completes projects and assignments including data retrieval and analysis, procedure updates/changes, and compliance tracking as required.
- Monitors the safety and security of the physical environment.
- Uses systems to support a safe and secure environment to include access control, panic/duress, infant protection, security video, weather radios and utility/fire alarm systems.
- Receives and processes access change requests.
- Performs preventative maintenance checks, identifies discrepancies and escalates per procedure and process.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Associate's or Vocational degree in general studies preferred
- 1 year working in dispatch or call center, Security Operations Center, or related function required
- May be required travel to other sites
Lifting weight Up to 10 lbs. occasionally, negligible weight frequently