Manager Facilities Operations
Number of Job Openings Available:1
Date Posted:November 07, 2023
Department:41008029 Facilities & Plant Maintenance
Shift:Day (United States of America)
Shift Length:8 hour shift
Hours Per Week:40
Job Summary:Directly accountable to assess the patient, staff, and visitor environment to ensure compliance with all accrediting and regulatory requirements and internal standards to optimally maintain safe and efficient plant operations and staff work areas and to improve patient experience. Manages staff and plant operations.
Key Position Details:
- No Weekends
- Position includes oversight of Environmental Services
- Direct reports include Supervisor and Facilities Coordinator
- 2C Boilers License Preferred
- Eligible for Management Incentive Pay
- Benefit Eligible
- Provides operational oversight and leadership to the Facility Services Staff.
- Prepares budgets for areas of direct accountability; meets or exceeds financial and productivity performance targets.
- Develops department strategic plan to meet annual and long term goals.
- Works with outside vendors and contractors to assure requirements are met and guidelines followed according to contracts and project specifications.
- Ensures cost effectiveness in all projects
- Processes department invoices and billings to assure payment.
- Makes recommendations for the capital budget.
- Manages employees and holds them accountable for role responsibilities, competencies, individual performance and goals.
- Supports the recruitment, interviewing, hiring and onboarding process.
- Conducts ongoing coaching, assessment, training and education of staff.
- Completes and conducts employee performance reviews.
- Responsible for engagement of employees and contributing to annual department-wide engagement plan.
- Manages schedule and timecard processing.
- Maintains and communicates project information to other leaders, clients and stakeholders.
- Ensures projects are well coordinated and considerate of existing hospital operations.
- Provides technical support and direction for facility related projects.
- Manages the completion of projects within capital and operating budget, timeframes and intended outcome.
- Maintains an effective regulatory steering infrastructure pertaining to the Joint Commission Environment of Care chapter that takes accountability for compliance with standards.
- Understands and implements regulatory standards in assigned areas of responsibility.
- Ensures compliance with all applicable regulatory and accreditation agencies.
- Ensures that regulatory outcomes and updates are communicated to leadership.
- Facilitates applicable corrective action plans created in response to noted deficiencies.
- Develops and maintains appropriate policies and procedures to assure regulatory compliance.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's degree in a technical discipline or equivalent education or experience required
- 7+ years of management experience in healthcare facility management required
- 2 to 5 years of project management experience preferred
- 5 to 7 years of supervisory or management experience required
- HVAC, Plumbing, Electrical, Refrigeration or Boiler Operations license preferred
- Certified Heath Care Facility Manager (CHFM) preferred
Lifting weight Up to 50 lbs. occasionally, Up to 25 lbs. frequently