Number of Job Openings Available:1
Date Posted:November 07, 2023
Department:84006707 North Metro Ambulance
Shift:Day/Evening/Night (United States of America)
Shift Length:Variable shift length
Hours Per Week:36
Union Contract:L167-1-EMTs and Paramedics
Weekend Rotation:Every Other
Job Summary:Responds and provides 911 patient care services in a pre-hospital setting. Directs care plan on scene, documents and provides reports to receiving facility. Maintains and operates vehicle adhering to driving laws and company policy. Maintains, sets up and uses equipment to include ventilators, IV pumps and other advanced level equipment.
Key Position Details:
2 years of driving experience preferred
New Grads welcomed
Sign on Bonus*
- Provides life support patient care to those suffering an injury, illness or mental health crisis in a pre-hospital setting.
- Responds 911.
- Directs care plan on scene.
- Obtains and secures Class A narcotics.
- Documents and provides reports to receiving facility.
- Transports from scene or from facility to facility.
- Establishes and maintains communications with internal and external customers.
- Maintains vehicle and equipment.
- Cleans and stocks.
- Operates vehicle in accordance with driving laws and company procedure.
- Maintains, sets up and uses equipment to include ventilators, IV pumps and other advanced level equipment per manufacturer and company procedure.
- Reports safety and/or potential safety hazards.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Associate's or Vocational degree within 24 months from date of hire required
- 4 years working in 911 environment, degree requirement waived
- For paramedic in good standing who separates from the organization and returns within 12 months, degree requirement waived
- Licensed Paramedic - MN Emergency Medical Services Regulatory Board required if working in MN or
- Licensed Paramedic - WI Emergency Medical Services required if working in WI
- ACLS-BLS Tier 3 - Multisource required American Heart Association or Allina and
- Valid Driver’s License required upon hire - MN and WI residents must obtain a valid driver’s license in their state of residence within 60 days of employment
Very Heavy Work:
Lifting weight Excess of 100 lbs. occasionally, Over 50 lbs. frequently