Home Care Physical Therapy Assistant - Northwest Region
Number of Job Openings Available:1
Date Posted:November 15, 2023
Department:78007300 Home Care
Shift:Day (United States of America)
Shift Length:8 hour shift
Hours Per Week:40
Job Summary:Provides physical therapy services to customers in a hospital, outpatient clinic, home health, mental health, or community- based settings, under the supervision of a Physical Therapist.
Key Position Details:
- Monday - Friday schedule, no weekends!
- Benefit Eligible
- Provides Physical Therapy Assistant services to clients.
- Provide treatment under the plan of care and appropriate supervision of the physical therapist according to the patient plan of care.
- Assist in identifying goals, prioritizing treatment, and selecting appropriate treatment interventions.
- Accommodates selection therapeutic interventions and education of client, family member or others involved in care based on age and cultural considerations.
- Continuously assesses needs of client and functional deficits, progress toward goals, and progressing plan of care based on established care guidelines.
- Uses re-examination to determine whether predicted outcomes are reasonable modifies as necessary.
- Selects and delegates appropriate tasks of the plan of care per professional guidelines.
- In collaboration with physical therapist, Initiates appropriate referrals to other disciplines and coordinates care with inter-disciplinary referrals.
- Coordinates, communicates, documents and bills per program, regulatory and professional standards.
- Uses communication techniques that reflect attention to age, cultural and population specific needs of the patient and family.
- Provides safe patient equipment, ensures personal safety and safe work environment.
- Promotes rehab services by ensuring patient and physician satisfaction.
- Participates in performance improvement and process improvement activities for the department.
- Supports and promotes new services as requested.
- Participate in clinical education and staff meetings.
- Provides ongoing input to enhance the services provided by the department.
- Assists co-workers in managing the teams’ productivity/performance targets.
- Manage their daily patient schedule.
- Assists in maintaining an efficient clinic flow including assisting with scheduling, cleaning rooms and laundry.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Associate's or Vocational degree an accredited Physical Therapist Assistant program required
- Physical Therapist Assistant experience preferred
- Licensed Physical Therapist Assistant - MN State Board of Physical Therapy required if providing services in Minnesota upon hire or
- Licensed Physical Therapist Assistant - WI Dept of Safety & Professional Services required if providing services in Wisconsin upon hire and
- BLS Tier 1 - Basic Life Support - Multisource required within 60 Days
- Valid Driver’s License required upon hire - MN and WI residents must obtain a valid driver’s license in their state of residence within 60 days of employment if providing services for Home Care and Hospice
Lifting weight Up to 32 lbs. occasionally (*Allina Safe Patient Moving Policy), Up to 25 lbs. frequently