MRI Technologist Baylor
Number of Job Openings Available:1
Date Posted:November 10, 2023
Shift:Day/Evening (United States of America)
Shift Length:12 hour shift
Hours Per Week:36
Weekend Rotation:Weekend Schedule Program - 12
Job Summary:Performs and assists with procedures in Magnetic Resonance Imaging (MRI) scanning under the direction of the radiologist, providing timely and quality services to patients. Follows Imaging Department policies to maintain a safe, efficient and economical environment. Interacts with patients to welcome, explain and respond to questions and concerns during and following the procedure.
Key Position Details:
- Shift will be 12 hours – 7a- 7p
- Baylor position – will work 24 hours but paid for 36 hours per week
- No Holiday Rotation
- Completes procedures in compliance with physician orders and department guidelines
- Identifies patient with two identifiers.
- Documents accurately all needed aspects of the procedure.
- Observes and communicates with patient, responding to needs.
- Maintains safe patient environment in procedure area.
- Performs procedures with high degree of accuracy
- Demonstrates appropriate knowledge of all diagnostic equipment.
- Maintains work knowledge and competence.
- Gathers all relevant information to assist in interpretation of images.
- Verifies all imaging has appropriately transferred to imaging storage and retrieval system.
- Provides accurate clerical function
- Uses Excellian (electronic medical record).
- Understands the Enterprise Medical Imaging/Picture Archiving and Communication System.
- Ensures all documentation is complete post procedure.
- Communicate with Supervisor and team
- Reporting problems, issues or ideas.
- Provides assistance, ideas and information to support the work of others.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Vocational or Technical Training Graduate of accredited School of Radiologic Technology required
- 0 to 2 years MRI experience 1 year preferred
- Registered Technologist - The American Registry of Radiologic Technologists (ARRT) required MRI certification with ARRT preferred upon hire and
- BLS Tier 1 - Basic Life Support - Multisource required upon hire
Lifting weight Up to 32 lbs. occasionally (*Allina Safe Patient Moving Policy), Up to 25 lbs. frequently