Supervisor of Oncology Nurse Navigation
Number of Job Openings Available:1
Date Posted:November 07, 2023
Department:16007310 System CM Oncology Nurse Navigation
Shift:Day (United States of America)
Shift Length:8 hour shift
Hours Per Week:40
Job Summary:Provides supervision and support for care coordination staff. Develops and implements standards of practice and services that ensure the highest quality service and outcomes. Participates in care management leadership and management as needed to support standard work processes. Collaborates with health plan liaisons and partners to sustain and develop constructive relationships.
Key Position Details:
This hybrid position is approximately 60% remote and 40% onsite. Travel includes intermittent travel to AHCI locations within Metro with occasional travel to regional locations.
- Associate's or Vocational degree in nursing required and
- Bachelor's degree in nursing preferred
- 2 to 5 years of experience in care coordination, home care or case management required
- 2 to 5 years of Oncology experience preferred
- 2 to 5 years of leadership experience including staff supervision, development and training preferred
- Licensed Registered Nurse - MN Board of Nursing required upon hire or
- Licensed Registered Nurse - WI Dept of Safety & Professional Services required upon hire
- Care Management Certification within 24 months for acute care positions required and
- Public Health Nurse Certification upon hire preferred
- Provides supervision for care management programs and outcomes relative to key performance indicators and organizational goals.
- Sets clear expectations for work performance, standards of practice and clinical quality, outcomes and initiatives.
- Supports recruitment, interviewing, hiring and onboarding process.
- Conducts ongoing coaching, assessment, training and education of staff.
- Prepares and administers performance reviews.
- Maintains scheduling, time off approval and timecard sign-off.
- Maintains optimal staffing.
- May provide clinical supervision.
- Participates in development of process improvement strategies and reporting mechanisms to support daily work.
- Participates in continual review of standards of practice, work flows and quality initiatives.
- Encourages and supports cross program collaboration and integration in order to ensure efficiency, effective problem-solving and appropriate person-centered care.
- Participates in external communication and relationships with health plan, state and county stakeholders to promote effective partnerships.
- Collaborate internally with other programs, managers and leadership to expand cross program understanding and cohesiveness.
- Ensures optimum compliance with contractual requirements and overall program performance.
- Participates in health plan training and required meetings to ensure service delivery model remains current and consistent with expectations
- Participates in internal efforts to work towards continuous quality improvement
- Other duties as assigned.
Lifting weight Up to 10 lbs. occasionally, negligible weight frequently