Hospital Based Clinic Geriatric or General Adult Psychiatrist - St. Paul, MN
Number of Job Openings Available:1
Date Posted:November 06, 2023
Department:34009940 Adult Mental Health Services United Outpatient Clinic
Shift:Day (United States of America)
Hours Per Week:40
Job Summary:Based in the Twin Cities of Minneapolis and St. Paul, Minnesota, Allina Health is a not-for-profit 503(c)(3) organization, with 90+ clinics, 10 hospitals/13 campuses throughout the region including western Wisconsin. Allina Health operates in one of the nation’s most vibrant, livable areas; a place where you can build the career you want—and you and your family can be part of a thriving community.
Allina Health has a robust Mental Health and Addiction Clinical Service Line that offers the full continuum of care including integration, specialty outpatient clinics, addiction, co-occurring services, partial hospitalization, day treatment, emergency, and inpatient care.
Key Position Details:
For this role, we are seeking a general adult psychiatrist OR a geriatric psychiatrist/a psychiatrist interested in geriatric psychiatry.
As an outpatient geriatric psychiatrist, you will be a member of our geriatric mental health specialty track and enhance our strong multidisciplinary relationships with primary care, neuropsychology, and neuroradiology specialists. The geriatric mental health team includes specialty nurses, LICSWs, neuropsychology, and psychiatric providers. Program components include eConsults, education, outpatient therapeutic and psychiatric interventions, and inpatient therapy, with the potential to expand both the geographic reach and build out the levels of care in this program. The geriatric mental health program in located within our Allina Mental Health Hospital Based Clinics.
At Allina Health, you will find a team dedicated to your career journey, with vast resources to support your practice, including but not limited to:
- Close alignment with other Allina hospitals and facilities, including a network of five hospital-based clinics with over 80,000 annual visits.
- Receive referrals and coordinate care with primary care providers.
- Team members across the system including psychologists, nurses, complex-care coordinators, and social work services.
- Specialty programs
Physician Talent Acquisition
Consults with providers to assist with ongoing management of the behavioral health needs of patients.
Engages the patient and family to develop treatment plans that address identified goals.
Develops and leads staff education in psychiatric issues.
May participate in on-call rotation.
- MD, DO, or foreign equivalency training required
- BE/BC with ABMS or AOA required
- Active, non-restricted medical license in MN (or ability to obtain)
- Ability to obtain and/or maintain MN DEA certification and National Provider Identifier (NPI)
- Ability to meet criteria/qualifications for Credentialing and hospital privileges, if applicable
Lifting weight Up to 32 lbs. occasionally (*Allina Safe Patient Moving Policy), Up to 25 lbs. frequently