Adult Partial Hospitalization and Outpatient Psychiatrist - New Ulm, MN
Number of Job Openings Available:1
Date Posted:November 06, 2023
Department:65004013 Outpatient Psych
Shift:Day (United States of America)
Shift Length:8 hour shift
Hours Per Week:40
Job Summary:Allina Health has a robust Mental Health and Addiction Service Line that offers the full continuum of psychiatric care including integrated, specialty outpatient, addiction, co-occurring services, partial hospitalization, day treatment, emergency, and inpatient care.
New Ulm Medical Center, part of Allina Health, is located in south central Minnesota and strives to be a national model for rural health. New Ulm Medical Center is an award-winning, full-service health care campus, providing an array of patient care services through its integrated clinic and hospital, in addition to home health, hospice and ambulance services. With 500+ employees and 50+ providers, New Ulm Medical Center serves 70,000+ patients annually.
Key Position Details:
This position supports both the partial hospitalization program and outpatient psychiatric services. The partial hospitalization program allows providers to work closely with patients and their families as they meet 3 times a week for roughly 3 weeks and also partake in family sessions. Patient case load varies from 8 to 16, based on program size and provider FTE.
Benefits of the role:
- Therapy and Psychiatry mix
- Flexible schedule
- Work with and lead an interdisciplinary team
Physician Talent Acquisition
- Assess patients for appropriateness for level of care and their specific program
- Provides direct clinical care in psychiatry, including brief assessments and interventions.
- In collaboration with treatment team, patient and family, develop behaviorally-focused, outcomes-based treatment plans of care that address mental health, functional impairment, social and emotional needs, and/or medical disorders.
- Work with program RN on addressing and collaborating with outpatient providers on comorbid medical issues in our patient population.
- Actively participates in multidisciplinary team approach to case management.
- May provide care in an ambulatory clinic, inpatient or outpatient hospital setting.
- Participate in on-call rotation.
- Develops and lead staff education in psychiatric issues.
- MD, DO, or foreign equivalency training required
- BE/BC with ABMS or AOA required
- Active, non-restricted medical license in MN (or ability to obtain)
- Ability to obtain and/or maintain MN DEA certification and National Provider Identifier (NPI)
- Ability to meet criteria/qualifications for Credentialing and hospital privileges, if applicable
Lifting weight Up to 20 lbs. occasionally, Up to 10 lbs. frequently