EMS Special Transportation Driver
Number of Job Openings Available:1
Date Posted:October 31, 2023
Department:84006730 Wheelchair and Active Ride
Shift:Day/Evening/Night (United States of America)
Shift Length:10 hour shift
Hours Per Week:20
Union Contract:L167-1-EMTs and Paramedics
Job Summary:Facilitates patient flow from the hospital by providing transportation to patients who are being discharged or transferred. Assists with the patient's physical needs by pushing their wheelchair and picking up and transporting their belongings. Operates vehicle in accordance with driving laws and company policy. Cleans and disinfects vehicle.
Our Special Transportation Driver is dedicated to providing essential transportation services for patients while ensuring their comfort, safety, and peace of mind. We take pride in our role as a crucial link in the healthcare system.
Key Position Details:
We are open 7 days a week.
This position is 20 hours per week and may include weekends.
There are multiple start and end times within a day.
Shifts are variable due to union seniority bidding every 6 months.
Shift differentials are available.
- Provides transportation to patients.
- Assists patient with the patient's physical needs such as pushing their wheelchair and picking up and transporting their belongings.
- Submits billing information for each transport.
- Maintains vehicle.
- Cleans and disinfects.
- Operates vehicle in accordance with driving laws and company policy.
- Reports safety, potential safety hazards and maintenance requests.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Must be 18 years of age with education and/or experience needed to meet required functional competencies as listed on the job description, and High school diploma or GED preferred
- MN Department of Transportation (MNDOT) training required. MNDOT certification requires a minimum age of 18 and not less than one year of driving
- Valid Driver’s License required upon hire - MN and WI residents must obtain a valid driver’s license in their state of residence within 60 days of employment
Lifting weight Up to 100 lbs. occasionally, Up to 50 lbs. frequently