Clinic Patient Access Representative
Number of Job Openings Available:1
Date Posted:October 30, 2023
Department:62259920 Allina Health Group Dean Lakes
Shift:Day (United States of America)
Shift Length:8 hour shift
Hours Per Week:40
Job Summary:Provides scheduling support and coordination of appointments for patients. Services as a liaison for patients, families, providers and staff regarding billing and service questions.
Key Position Details:
- No Weekends
- 845AM-515PM Mon/Fri
- 800AM-430PM Tues-Thurs
- Provides scheduling support and coordination of appointments.
- Schedules all appointments for services in or outside of the system preferably in person.
- Coordinates other services needed, medical records and other pertinent information including patient education materials.
- Functions as an in-clinic resource for patients, families, providers and staff related to billing and service questions.
- Facilitates requests for billing related items such as price estimates or itemized statements.
- Processes all incoming calls and correspondence regarding billing issues and service questions.
- Provides first resolution regarding patient complaints.
- Identifies and submits resolution for patient or client issues, directs calls to appropriate department for resolution.
- Assists with patient account adjustments such as updating patient demographics and insurance information.
- Responds to billing and quality of care issues, complaints, or concerns.
- Documents all contacts with patients or clients as needed.
- May complete prior authorization, referrals, complex specialty scheduling and manage work queues.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Must be 18 years of age with education and/or experience needed to meet required functional competencies as listed on the job description
- High school diploma or GED preferred
- Associate's or Vocational degree preferred
- Experience in a Clinic Office Specialist role required
- Experience as a medical receptionist or customer service position required
- 2 to 5 years of basic medical terminology experience required
- Scheduling experience with electronic medical record preferred
- Medical Reception or equivalent program preferred
Lifting weight Up to 10 lbs. occasionally, negligible weight frequently