Number of Job Openings Available:1
Date Posted:October 30, 2023
Department:38016106 Mercy General Radiology
Shift:Day (United States of America)
Shift Length:8 hour shift
Hours Per Week:36
Weekend Rotation:Every 4th
Job Summary:Performs technical and diagnostic imaging functions in an inpatient setting under the direction of the radiologist. Provides timely and quality services to patients. Follows Imaging Department policies to maintain a safe, efficient and economical environment. Interacts with patients to welcome, explain and respond to questions and concerns during and following the procedure.
As a Radiology Technologist you play a crucial role in diagnosing and treating patients, making a direct impact on their health and well-being. At Allina Health, our commitment to patient centered care means that you will be a part of a team of people that share your same passion by providing those high-quality diagnostic services.
Key Position Details:
Hours - 9 am - 5:30 pm weekday
1 weekend a month rotation 7:30 am - 4pm
1 weeknight off premise call
- Completes procedures in compliance with physician orders and department guidelines
- Identifies patient with two identifiers.
- Documents accurately all needed aspects of the procedure.
- Observes and communicates with patient, responding to needs.
- Maintains safe patient environment in procedure area.
- Performs procedures with high degree of accuracy
- Demonstrates appropriate knowledge of all diagnostic equipment.
- Maintains work knowledge and competence.
- Gathers all relevant information to assist in interpretation of images.
- Verifies all imaging has appropriately transferred to imaging storage and retrieval system.
- Provides accurate clerical function
- Uses Excellian (electronic medical record).
- Understands the Enterprise Medical Imaging/Picture Archiving and Communication System.
- Ensures all documentation is complete post procedure.
- Communicates with supervisor and team
- Reports problems, issues or ideas.
- Provides assistance, ideas and information to support the work of others.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Vocational or Technical Training Graduate of accredited Radiologic Technology program required
- 0 to 2 years in Radiology preferred
- Registered Technologist - The American Registry of Radiologic Technologists (ARRT) required must be registered upon hire
- BLS Tier 1 - Basic Life Support - Multisource required upon hire
Lifting weight Up to 32 lbs. occasionally (*Allina Safe Patient Moving Policy), Up to 25 lbs. frequently