Family Medicine or Internal Medicine Physician Woodbury
Number of Job Openings Available:1
Date Posted:October 24, 2023
Department:62079900 Allina Health Group Woodbury
Shift:Day (United States of America)
Shift Length:Variable shift length
Hours Per Week:40
Job Summary:Based in the Twin Cities of Minneapolis and St. Paul, Minnesota, Allina Health is a not for profit 503(c) organization, with 90+ clinics, 10 hospitals/13 campuses throughout the region including western Wisconsin. Allina Health operates in one of the nation’s most vibrant, livable areas; a place where you can build the career you want—and you and your family can be part of thriving community.
Allina Health’s commitment to Whole Person Care – mind, body, spirit and connection to community – defines our approach and how we shape our offerings. Our Primary Care providers partner with our Mental Health service line and the Penny George Institute for Health and Healing to provide whole person care in the clinic setting. When we provide Whole Person Care, we help people do more, feel stronger and live better than they ever thought possible.
Key Position Details:
Allina Health Woodbury Clinic is seeking a Family Medicine Provider (no OB) or Internal Medicine Physician to join their busy practice.
- Primary care team has 10 Family Medicine Physicians and 3 PAs, 1 Pediatrician, 4 IM Peds Physicians, 2 Internal Medicine
- Services offered: Eye exams, acupuncture, allergy, medical imaging, OB/GYN, travel medicine, and mental health services
- 36 patient contact hours per week - flexible, open to lower FTE
- Minimal call coverage, phone only, RN triage support
- Outpatient practice providing care to all ages, including growing families
- Clinic hours are Monday-Friday: 7am-5pm and closed Saturday-Sunday
- EMR: Excellian is one of the most comprehensive electronic health record (EHR) systems in the nation.
A growing suburb in the Twin Cities metropolitan area, Woodbury is located just 15 minutes southeast of St. Paul, the state's capital. The city is in close proximity to one of Minnesota's largest employers, 3M, and to the St. Croix River Valley, providing a beautiful natural setting and year-round recreational opportunities. Woodbury is known for its attractive residential neighborhoods, which are connected by more than 100 miles of multi-use trails and surrounded by 3,000 acres of dedicated park land. In addition, eight small lakes, most with public parks and pathways, dot the city.
- Works collaboratively with patients to improve their health and well-being.
- Practices in a thoughtful manner including consideration for cultural diversity, individual autonomy and legal responsibilities.
- Actively participates in multidisciplinary team approach to case management.
- Utilizes quality improvement tools to develop processes that promote continuous improvement in delivery of patient care, patient outcomes, or workflows.
- May participate in peer review and quality assurance
- MD, DO, or foreign equivalency training required
- BE/BC with ABMS or AOA required
- Active, non-restricted medical license in MN (or ability to obtain)
- Ability to obtain and/or maintain MN DEA certification and National Provider Identifier (NPI)
- Ability to meet criteria/qualifications for Credentialing and hospital privileges, if applicable
- ACLS-BLS Tier 3 - Multisource required within 180 Days and
Lifting weight Up to 32 lbs. occasionally (*Allina Safe Patient Moving Policy), Up to 25 lbs. frequently