Internal Medicine Physician ANGMA
Number of Job Openings Available:1
Date Posted:October 19, 2023
Department:31009910 Abbott Northwestern General Medicine Associates Abbott
Shift:Day/Evening/Night (United States of America)
Hours Per Week:40
Job Summary:Responsible for direct patient care by reviewing patient's medical history while collecting, prioritizing, and synthesizing comprehensive data pertinent to the patient's health or situation. Provides education, consultation or intervention to patients (treatment plan) and their families.
Provides direct internal medicine patient care to individuals eighteen years and older on a daily basis.
Key Position Details:
Great opportunity to work with a team of Internal Medicine Physicians!
The clinic is part of the Center for Outpatient Care, conveniently located at the corner of Highway 169 and I-494. The Center offers many specialty services.
Ability to do just outpatient work or a mix of outpatient and inpatient.
Opportunity to work with and teach residents and medical students.
Bedside ultrasound at the clinic.
- Direct Patient Care.
- Provides direct internal medicine patient care to individuals eighteen years or older.
- Reviews patient's medical history while collecting, prioritizing, and synthesizing comprehensive data pertinent to the patient's health or situation.
- Evaluates, interprets, and coordinates information to make decisions and recommendations regarding patient care.
- Provides education, consultation or intervention to patients (treatment plan) and their families.
- Works collaboratively with patients to improve their health and well-being.
- Practices in a thoughtful manner including consideration for cultural diversity, individual autonomy and legal responsibilities.
- Actively participates in multidisciplinary approach to case management.
- Functions appropriately as part of care delivery team through efficient use of resources and skills.
- Charts in electronic format in accordance with licensure and scope.
- May provide care in an ambulatory clinic, inpatient or outpatient hospital setting.
- May participate in on-call rotation.
- Utilizes quality improvement tools to develop processes that promote continuous improvement in delivery of patient care, patient outcomes, or work flows.
- May participate in peer review and quality assurance.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Doctoral/Ph.D. level advanced degree in Doctor of Medicine, Doctor of Osteopathic Medicine or foreign equivalent from an approved school of medicine required and
- Completion of an Accreditation Council for Graduate Medical Education (ACGME) or American Osteopathic Association (AOA) accredited Residency training program in Internal Medicine required
- Licensed Physician - MN Board of Medical Practice required must be Board Certified or Board Eligible in Internal Medicine upon hire and
- BLS Tier 1 - Basic Life Support - Multisource required within 180 Days and
- Board Certification in Integrative Medicine within 1-1/2 years preferred and
- Drug Enforcement Agency Certificate upon hire required and
- Prescription Monitoring Program upon hire required and
- National Provider Identifier upon hire required
Lifting weight Up to 32 lbs. occasionally (*Allina Safe Patient Moving Policy), Up to 25 lbs. frequently