Dietary Aide (Food Service Worker)
Number of Job Openings Available:1
Date Posted:October 31, 2023
Department:31008315 Food Service General Service
Shift:Day/Evening (United States of America)
Shift Length:< 7 hour shift
Hours Per Week:20
Union Contract:SEIU-4-Abbott Northwestern Service Workers
Weekend Rotation:Every Other
Job Summary:Assist with the preparation and delivery of meals to all service areas including patients, cafeteria, catering and others. Uses proper cooking, cooling and reheating techniques to ensure food safety. Washes all dishes, trays, cookware, carts and utensils. May also operate a cash register.
Key Position Details:
FTE status .5 Daytime Dishwasher (20 hrs per week)
630am - 3pm
Sat - off
Sun - off
Mon - off
Tues - AMD1
Wed - AMD1
Fri - off
Sat - AMD2
Sun - AMD2
Mon - AMD2
Tues - off
Wed - off
Thurs - off
Fri - off
- Assists in preparation and set-up of assigned food for patients and employees.
- Follows cycle menus, modified menus and standardized recipes when preparing food.
- Assembles patient food trays according to dietary needs.
- Delivers and retrieves patient food trays.
- Prepares items for meal service in cafeteria.
- During meal service, correctly restocks product and maintains area.
- May set up catered meals and snacks as scheduled.
- May operate cash register.
- Uses proper cooking, cooling and reheating techniques to ensure food safety.
- Checks temperatures regularly prior to serving food.
- Labels, dates, covers and stores food properly.
- Utilizes sanitizing techniques for food, self and equipment.
- Disposes of garbage and waste properly.
- Washes all dishes, trays, cookware, carts and utensils.
- Assists in putting away grocery orders.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Must be 16 years of age
- High school diploma or GED preferred but not required.
Lifting weight Up to 50 lbs. occasionally, Up to 25 lbs. frequently