Cardiac Echo Sonographer
Number of Job Openings Available:1
Date Posted:September 28, 2023
Department:31005019 AHMHI Mobile Echo
Shift:Day (United States of America)
Hours Per Week:0
Job Summary:Provides high quality cardiac ultrasound exams for cardiologist interpretation, resulting in accurate diagnosis and/or shorter length of stay without repeat scans.
Key Position Details:
You will be provided a Starting Bonus in the total gross amount of $5000, subject to all required deductions and withholding. The first half of the Starting Bonus ($2500) will be paid to you within your first 30 days of employment, and the second half ($2500) will be paid after you have successfully completed 6 months in the role. If you cease to be employed by Allina Health in a benefits-eligible position of 0.5 FTE or greater at any time prior to completion of 12 months of employment for any reason other than an Allina Health-initiated organizational realignment or restructuring, you will be required to repay the entire amount of any Starting Bonus already paid to you.
Internal Exclusions Apply to Sign on bonus
- Performs routine and special cardiac procedures in compliance with physician orders and department guidelines
- Identifies patient and does set up for exam.
- Documents accurately all needed aspects of the procedure.
- Observes and communicates with patient responding to needs.
- Maintains safe patient environment in procedure area.
- Completes procedures with high degree of accuracy
- Demonstrates appropriate knowledge of all diagnostic equipment.
- Maintains work knowledge and competence.
- Gathers all relevant information to assist in interpretation of images.
- Verifies all imaging has appropriately transferred to imaging storage and retrieval system.
- Communicates with RN regarding patient status
- Works together during specific procedures to ensure appropriate patient care.
- Notifies RN of immediate patient needs or concerns.
- Performs additional duties to complete process
- Finalizes scan reports and sends to appropriate area for reading.
- Participates in room turnover, including cleaning of equipment.
- Restocks and prepares room for next patient.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Associate's or Vocational degree from accredited Echocardiography program required
- Less than 2 years Cardiac Sonography experience required
- BLS Tier 1 - Basic Life Support - Multisource required Upon Hire
- Registered Diagnostic Cardiac Sonographer registry eligible Upon Hire required and
- Registered Diagnostic Cardiac Sonographer RDCS within 1 Year required
Lifting weight Up to 32 lbs. occasionally (*Allina Safe Patient Moving Policy), Up to 25 lbs. frequently