Home Care Physical Therapist - Brooklyn Park
Number of Job Openings Available:1
Date Posted:October 13, 2023
Department:78007300 Home Care
Shift:Day (United States of America)
Hours Per Week:40
Weekend Rotation:Weekend Schedule Program -- 8
Job Summary:Provides physical therapy and education to clients. Referring clients to the appropriate resources as needed. May case manage clients in and out of assigned geographic region.
Key Position Details:
Every 8th weekend rotation
FT Benefit Eligible
- Provides Physical Therapy treatment to clients.
- Initiates assessment of client per diagnosis.
- Consults with client on their goals and desired outcomes.
- Educates client, family members or others involved in care of treatment plan including age specific and cultural considerations.
- Identifies goals and intervention for each problem, impairment or functional limitations of client.
- Continuously assesses needs of client and functional deficits, progressing plan of care.
- Initiates appropriate referrals to other disciplines.
- Case management of clients as needed.
- Establishes and provides on-going oversight of plan of care.
- Makes interdisciplinary referrals.
- Facilitates communication with disciplines involved including providers and payer sources.
- Manages caseload taking into consideration priorities, scheduling, urgency of client in and out of assigned geographical areas.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's degree in Physical Therapy from an accredited program required
- 0 to 2 years in the practice or program area required
- Licensed Physical Therapist - MN State Board of Physical Therapy required if providing services in Minnesota upon hire or
- Licensed Physical Therapist - WI Dept of Safety & Professional Services required if providing services in Wisconsin upon hire and
- BLS Tier 1 - Basic Life Support - Multisource required within 60 Days
- Driver's License if providing services in Home Care and Hospice upon hire required
Lifting weight Up to 32 lbs. occasionally (*Allina Safe Patient Moving Policy), Up to 25 lbs. frequently