Endocrinologist- New Ulm
Number of Job Openings Available:1
Date Posted:September 26, 2023
Department:65003500 Internal Medicine
Shift:Day (United States of America)
Hours Per Week:40
Job Summary:Responsible for direct patient care by reviewing patient's medical history while collecting, prioritizing, and synthesizing comprehensive data pertinent to the patient's health or situation. Provides education, consultation or intervention to patients (treatment plan) and their families. Concentrates on disorders of the internal (endocrine) glands such as the thyroid and adrenal glands. Also manages disorders such as diabetes, metabolic and nutritional disorders, pituitary diseases and menstrual and sexual problems.
Key Position Details:
- Direct Patient Care.
- Reviews patient's medical history while collecting, prioritizing, and synthesizing comprehensive data pertinent to the patient's health or situation.
- Evaluates, interprets, and coordinates information to make decisions and recommendations regarding patient care.
- Provides education, consultation or intervention to patients (treatment plan) and their families.
- Manages disorders of the internal (endocrine) glands, and disorders such as diabetes, metabolic and nutritional disorders, pituitary diseases, and menstrual and sexual problems.
- Works collaboratively with patients to improve their health and well-being.
- Practices in a thoughtful manner including consideration for cultural diversity, individual autonomy and legal responsibilities.
- Charts in electronic format in accordance with licensure and scope.
- Actively participates in multidisciplinary team approach to case management.
- May provide care in an ambulatory clinic, inpatient or outpatient hospital setting.
- May participate in on-call rotation.
- Utilizes quality improvement tools to develop processes that promote continuous improvement in delivery of patient care, patient outcomes, or work flows.
- May participate in peer review and quality assurance.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Doctoral/Ph.D. level advanced degree in Doctor of Medicine, Doctor of Osteopathic Medicine or foreign equivalent from an approved school of medicine required and
- Completion of an Accreditation Council for Graduate Medical Education (ACGME) or American Osteopathic Association (AOA) accredited Residency training program in Internal Medicine or foreign equivalency training required and
- Completion of an ACGME or AOA accredited Fellowship training program in Endocrinology or foreign equivalency training required
- Less than 2 years of demonstrated experience in designated specialty required
- Licensed Physician - MN Board of Medical Practice required upon hire and
- ACLS-BLS Tier 3 - Multisource required within 180 Days and
- PALS - Pediatric Advance Life Support - Multisource required depending on business unit upon hire and
- NRP - Neonatal Resuscitation - Multisource required depending on business unit upon hire
- Licensed Physician - WI upon hire required and
- Board Certification or Board Eligibility from the American Board of Internal Medicine with a certificate of special qualification in endocrinology, diabetes and metabolism upon hire required and
- Drug Enforcement Agency Certificate upon hire required and
- Prescription Monitoring Program upon hire required and
- National Provider Identifier upon hire required
Lifting weight Up to 32 lbs. occasionally (*Allina Safe Patient Moving Policy), Up to 25 lbs. frequently