Operations Tech - CV Prep Recovery
Number of Job Openings Available:1
Date Posted:August 31, 2023
Department:31005009 AHMHI CV Prep Recovery MPLS
Shift:Day/Evening (United States of America)
Hours Per Week:40
Union Contract:SEIU-5-Abbott Northwestern Technical
Job Summary:The Operations Technician performs technical and direct patient care tasks as designated by the Registered Nurse (RN). This includes but is not limited to the following: specimen collection, 12 lead EKG testing, sheath pulls and the collection of vital signs.
Key Position Details:
- 1.0 FTE
- 8 hr shifts
- Day/eve & call rotation
- SEIU contract
- Benefit eligible
- Patient Care Duties
- Specimen Collection - responsible for accurate and thorough collection, handling, documentation and proper dispatch of specimens collected.
- Obtain and transmit 12 lead EKG tracings.
- Point of Care Testing (medical diagnostic testing at or near the point of care).
- Sheath pulls.
- CMC monitoring.
- Collects vital signs, height/weight and other patient information.
- Transports patients.
- Documentation of patient results as required (ie. baths, I/O's (inputs/outputs), glucose results, weights, vitals ect.).
- Contributes to an environment that is safe for patients, visitors and employees
- Protects patient, self and others from injury during transfers, lifts and transports by using proper equipment and body mechanics.
- Reports environmental risks or equipment malfunctions to supervisor.
- Uses equipment following policies, procedures and manufacturer directions or standards.
- May handle hazardous waste (identifies, segregates, and disposes of hazardous waste; ensures container integrity; knows emergency response procedures to spills, fires, and evacuation procedures).
- Other duties as assigned
- Associate's or Vocational degree preferred
- 2 to 5 years of Operations Technician experience (direct patient care assistance, phlebotomy, and EKG Tech) in a Hospital Setting preferred or
- 2 to 5 years of experience in phlebotomy, 12 lead EKG, POCT (point of care testing) preferred or
- Completion of one (1) semester of clinical rotations within an accredited nursing program required or
- Emergency Medical Tech - MN Emergency Medical Services Regulatory Board required EMT Certification or
- Medical Laboratory Technician - American Society for Clinical Pathology Board of Certification (ASCP BOC) required MLT Certification or
- Certified Medical Assistant (CMA) - American Association of Medical Assistants required Medical Assistant Certification
- Phlebotomy Certification preferred
- Medical Terminology preferred
- Analytical Thinking: Uses basic logic and common sense to arrive at solutions.
- Communication Skills: Able to communicate well in straight-forward situations.
- Company Knowledge: Understands his/her own job and how the role interacts with his/her team.
Lifting weight Up to 50 lbs. occasionally, Up to 25 lbs. frequently