LPN, Home Care
Number of Job Openings Available:1
Date Posted:September 09, 2023
Department:78007300 Home Care
Shift:Day (United States of America)
Hours Per Week:40
Weekend Rotation:Every 4th
Job Summary:Have time to make a difference. In this role, you will receive comprehensive training, ensuring you feel confident with skills and are well-supported working with an experienced team. Flexibility in schedules will provide a real work-life balance.
Allina Home Health is the leader in Minnesota for in-home care delivery, providing exceptional nursing care and allowing patients to recover where they are most comfortable. If you are ready to take the next step, let’s talk.
Allina Health is a not-for-profit health system that cares for individuals, families and communities throughout Minnesota and western Wisconsin. If you value putting patients first, consider a career at Allina Health. Our mission is to provide exceptional care as we prevent illness, restore health and provide comfort to all who entrust us with their care. This includes you and your loved ones. We are committed to providing whole-person care, investing in your well-being, and enriching your career.
Key Position Details:
$2000 Sign-On Bonus Eligible
Excellent Benefits/ 401k employer match
40 hours/week - work day variation opportunities (ex: 5 - 8's or 4 - 10's)
- Associate's or Vocational degree from a Board of Nursing approved LPN program required
- Nursing experience required
- Acute care or homecare experience preferred
- LPN required
- BLS Tier 1 - Basic Life Support - Multisource required by completion of orientation
- Valid Driver’s License required upon hire
- Provides safe quality direct patient care within the scope of practice of the LPN.
- Conducts a focused assessment of the health status of an individual patient through the collection and comparison of data to normal findings and the individual patient’s current health status.
- Reports changes and responses to interventions in an ongoing manner to a RN Case Manager or the appropriate licensed health care provider.
- Recognizes alterations in the patients condition and compares the collected data to the previous condition
- Has Accountability for the quality of care delivered, recognizing the limits of knowledge and experience; addressing situations beyond the nurse's competency; and performing to the level of education, knowledge, and skill ordinarily expected of an individual who has completed an approved practical nursing education program.
- Takes responsibility for own decision-making and is committed to quality patient care and Home Care program as a whole.
- Participates in care planning.
- Participates with other health care providers in the development and modification of the plan of care.
- Clearly documents pertinent data including observations, interventions and teaching.
- Demonstrates an awareness of other disciplines’ roles and assists families in identifying and accepting services to meet patient/family needs.
- Implements interventions that are delegated ordered or prescribed by a licensed healthcare provider.
- Determines and implements appropriate interventions within a nursing plan of care or when delegated or assigned by a Registered Nurse.
- Assists in the evaluation of responses to interventions.
- Establishes a therapeutic relationship with the patient and family.
- Practices all patient experience principles embraced by Allina Health in all interactions to provide an excellent experience for patients and their families.
- Assesses patient vulnerability and initiates appropriate intervention, including reporting if indicated.
- Advocates for the patient and his/her family in whatever manner is necessary. Encourages and supports patients and families to actively participate in their care.
- Participates in patient/family teaching as delegated.
- Communicates information to the RN Case Manager regarding patient/family learning needs.
- Implements teaching strategies according to the patient plan of care and documents patient and family response.
- Other duties as assigned.
Lifting weight Up to 50 lbs. occasionally, Up to 25 lbs. frequently