Family Medicine NP/PA
Faribault, MN, USA
Posted on Monday, September 25, 2023
Number of Job Openings Available:1
Date Posted:September 25, 2023
Department:62039900 Allina Health Group Faribault
Shift:Day (United States of America)
Hours Per Week:40
Job Summary:Provides help with all aspects of patient care, including diagnosis, treatments and consultations as part of a physician/nurse team. Works in both inpatient and outpatient situations and can perform independently or as part of a treatment team. Serves as an educator, case manager, consultant to staff and multidisciplinary health care team.
Key Position Details:
Job Description:Principle Responsibilities
- Provides clinical care for patients
- Completes comprehensive patient assessments.
- Determines diagnosis and treatment of illness.
- Orders and interprets medical diagnostics in tandem with attending physician.
- Prescribes medications, treatments, therapy and medical equipment.
- Conducts patient education when working to manage chronic illness or wellness care.
- Refers for specialty care when determined.
- Consults with physician when patient needs outside of Nurse Practitioner scope of practice, diagnosis or treatment plan is unclear.
- Participates in health care team
- Promotes communication within the team and other interdisciplinary health care staff.
- Acts as resource to members of the team.
- Works with primary care team for program development.
- Acts as liaison with outside agencies as needed.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Master's degree Completion of accredited Nurse Practitioner program required
- 2 to 5 years Minimum 2 years experience post Nurse Practitioner training strongly preferred preferred
- Licensed Registered Nurse - MN Board of Nursing required upon hire and
- Certified Nurse Practitioner - ANCC - American Nurse Credentialing Center (ANCC) required certification within specialty upon hire and
- ACLS-BLS Tier 2 - Multisource required within 180 Days and
- Drug Enforcement Administration upon hire required
- Valid Driver’s License required upon hire - MN and WI residents must obtain a valid driver’s license in their state of residence within 60 days of employment for those working in Complex Care for Seniors, Community Palliative Care and Hospice
Lifting weight Up to 32 lbs. occasionally (*Allina Safe Patient Moving Policy), Up to 25 lbs. frequently