NP/PA Urgent Care Opportunities- Multiple Locations- Sign on Bonus!
Number of Job Openings Available:0
Date Posted:January 16, 2023
Hours Per Week:0
Job Summary:Allina Health has Urgent Care locations at Apple Valley, St. Paul- Bandana Square, Buffalo, Edina-Centennial Lakes, Champlin, Coon Rapids, Faribault, Minneapolis- Greenway, Inver Grove Heights, Savage, Shoreview and Woodbury.
We are flexible on location preference and FTE preference.
Sign on bonus eligibility is for any provider who works a .5 FTE or higher
Provides help with all aspects of patient care, including diagnosis, treatments and consultations as part of a physician/nurse team. Works in both inpatient and outpatient situations and can perform independently or as part of a treatment team. Serves as an educator, case manager, consultant to staff and multidisciplinary health care team.
Key Position Details:
- Provides clinical care for patients
- Completes comprehensive patient assessments.
- Determines diagnosis and treatment of illness.
- Orders and interprets medical diagnostics in tandem with attending physician.
- Prescribes medications, treatments, therapy and medical equipment.
- Conducts patient education when working to manager chronic illness or wellness care.
- Refers for specialty care when determined.
- Consults with physician when patient needs outside of Nurse Practitioner scope of practice, diagnosis or treatment plan is unclear.
- Participates in health care team
- Promotes communication within the team and other interdisciplinary health care staff.
- Acts as resource to members of the team.
- Works with primary care team for program development.
- Acts as liaison with outside agencies as needed.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Master's degree Completion of accredited Nurse Practitioner or Physician Assistant program required
- Minimum 2 years experience as practicing Nurse Practitioner or Physician Assistant required
- Family Nurse Practitioner or Physician Assistant certification required
- Work experience associated in Urgent Care, Emergency Department, Hospitalist or Primary Care required
- Licensed Registered Nurse - MN Board of Nursing required upon hire and
- Certified Nurse Practitioner (ANCC) - American Nurse Credentialing Center (ANCC) required Certification within specialty upon hire
- BLS Tier 1 - Basic Life Support - Multisource required upon hire
- ACLS/BLS Tier 3 - Multisource preferred
- Drug Enforcement Administration upon hire required
- See the Big Picture: Know where we are going as an organization. Use sound judgement and critical thinking to make good decisions that support our mission.
- I know where Allina is going and how my role fits into this picture
- I capture important lessons and share them to foster innovation
- I am good at anticipating the implications of my decisions
- I understand and apply the disciplines of continuous improvement
- Inspire Greatness: Inspire others by connecting their purpose to the broader mission. Lead others through change and celebrate success.
- I help my team connect to the broader mission
- I see and fulfill my role in motivating the team around me
- I celebrate success and help my partners see what is possible with change
- I call out and address unexpected roadblocks or problems
- Foster Learning and Growth: Role model growth, ongoing development and self-care. Empower, coach and encourage others to be at their best selves.
- I role-model self-care and ongoing development
- I share my knowledge and coach others to foster growth and success
- I demonstrate enthusiasm for learning
- I candidly advocate for the resources I need
- I support my colleagues in their development and growth
- Deliver Excellence: Set and align clear goals, measure results, and continually improve safety, quality, experience, and innovation.
- I take ownership of outcomes and fulfillment of goals
- I facilitate adjustments to assure positive results
- I work with a sense of urgency, concern and determination
- I use well-grounded approaches to create sustainable solutions repeatedly
- I engage and foster improvements to impact safety, quality, and efficiency
- Succeed Together:Connect with others authentically. Recognize the value of each individual and seek diverse points of view. Collaborate to succeed together.
- I consider how decisions might impact my colleagues
- I am generous in my commitment to supporting the needs of my partners
- I respect others’ opinions, praise good work and encourage all team members to be involved
- I seek common ground and work to create mutually beneficial outcomes
Lifting weight Up to 32 lbs. occasionally (*Allina Safe Patient Moving Policy), Up to 25 lbs. frequently