Endocrinologist- Brand New Lakeville Specialty Center Opening Fall 2023
Number of Job Openings Available:1
Date Posted:February 02, 2023
Department:62833540 Endocrinology East
Hours Per Week:40
Weekend Rotation:Every 4th
Job Summary:As we embark on a transformational journey to improve Endocrinology care in Minnesota, we are seeking Endocrinologists to join the Allina Health Medicine Specialties Clinical Service Line.
Allina’s Endocrinologists are committed to whole person care- mind, body, spirit and connection to the communities we serve. Through consistent focus and partnership across the Allina health system, they ensure that consistent and exceptional outcomes are delivered in any setting where patients access Endocrinology care.
Allina Health is expanding specialty services in the community of Lakeville, MN fall of 2023. The new 26,000 square foot facility is conveniently located on Orchard Trail, just 20 minutes south of both downtown Minneapolis, St. Paul, and the MSP International Airport. This site will provide care in 12 specialties, including endocrinology, rheumatology, dermatology, orthopedics, cardiology, women’s health, urgent care and ambulatory surgery.
With a population just over 70,000 residents, Lakeville, MN is one of the fastest growing cities in the Twin Cities area. The city covers 38 square miles, boasts 62 parks, 118 miles of trails, 4 champion golf courses, and 5 beautiful lakes perfect for boating, fishing, swimming, or simply relaxing.
Key Position Details:
- Excellent referral base from 400+ primary providers
- 15 Endocrinology providers within the Medicine Specialties Clinical Service Line
- Two Endocrine surgeons
- Monthly thyroid and pituitary conference with CME
- Bone Densitometry available
- Outreach options available
- Flexible FTE
- Flexibility to decide between salaried or productivity compensation model
- Direct Patient Care.
- Provides direct patient care to Endocrine patients
- Manages disorders of the internal (endoc
- rine) glands, and disorders such as diabetes, metabolic and nutritional disorders, pituitary diseases, and menstrual and sexual problems
- Provides education, consultation or intervention to patients (treatment plan) and their families.
- Practices in a thoughtful manner including consideration for cultural diversity, individual autonomy and legal responsibilities.
- On-site Medical Imaging, coding program offers ongoing education, triage/refill nurse program and after-hours answering service
MD, DO, or foreign equivalency training required
BE/BC in Endocrinology
Active, non-restricted medical license in MN (or ability to obtain)
Ability to obtain and/or maintain MN DEA certification and National Provider Identifier (NPI)
Ability to meet criteria/qualifications for Credentialing and hospital privileges, if applicable
BLS/ACLS required within 180 days of hire