Internal Medicine Northfield
Number of Job Openings Available:1
Date Posted:February 21, 2023
Department:62019900 Allina Health Group Northfield
Shift:Day/Evening (United States of America)
Hours Per Week:40
Job Summary:Based in the Twin Cities of Minneapolis and St. Paul, Minnesota, Allina Health is a not for profit 503(c) organization, with 90+ clinics, 10 hospitals/13 campuses throughout the region including western Wisconsin. Allina Health operates in one of the nation’s most vibrant, livable areas; a place where you can build the career you want—and you and your family can be part of thriving community.
Allina Health’s commitment to Whole Person Care – mind, body, spirit and connection to community – defines our approach and how we shape our offerings. Our Primary Care providers partner with our Mental Health service line and the Penny George Institute for Health and Healing to provide whole person care in the clinic setting. When we provide Whole Person Care, we help people do more, feel stronger and live better than they ever thought possible.
Key Position Details:
- Primary Care team consists of 16 Family Medicine Physicians and 4 PAs, 1 Pediatrician, 1 IM Peds Physician, 2 Internal Medicine Physicians
- Primary care with several other specialties on site including mental health, and integrative medicine
- Extensive imaging on site
- Successful mentoring program for new providers who join our practice
- Minimal call coverage, phone only, RN triage support
- Clinic hours are Monday-Friday: 7:00am-5pm, and closed Saturday-Sunday
- EMR: Excellian is one of the most comprehensive electronic health record (EHR) systems in the nation.
Northfield is home to two prominent liberal arts colleges - St. Olaf College and Carleton College. Along with, Northfield Public School District ranking within the top 20% of all 515 school districts in Minnesota.
- Works collaboratively with patients to improve their health and well-being.
- Practices in a thoughtful manner including consideration for cultural diversity, individual autonomy and legal responsibilities.
- Actively participates in multidisciplinary team approach to case management.
- Utilizes quality improvement tools to develop processes that promote continuous improvement in delivery of patient care, patient outcomes, or workflows.
- May participate in peer review and quality assurance
- MD, DO, or foreign equivalency training required
- BE/BC with ABMS or AOA required
- Active, non-restricted medical license in MN (or ability to obtain)
- Ability to obtain and/or maintain MN DEA certification and National Provider Identifier (NPI)
- Ability to meet criteria/qualifications for Credentialing and hospital privileges, if applicable
- ACLS-BLS Tier 3 - Multisource required within 180 Days
Lifting weight Up to 32 lbs. occasionally (*Allina Safe Patient Moving Policy), Up to 25 lbs. frequently