Physician - Hospitalist
Number of Job Openings Available:1
Date Posted:April 28, 2023
Department:30009034 Allina Health Hospitalist United
Shift:Day/Evening/Night (United States of America)
Hours Per Week:40
Weekend Rotation:Every Other
Job Summary:Responsible for direct patient care by reviewing patient's medical history while collecting, prioritizing, and synthesizing comprehensive data pertinent to the patient's health or situation. Provides education, consultation or intervention to patients (treatment plan) and their families. Provides general medical care for hospitalized patients, and performs procedures in the inpatient setting. Serves as the patient's primary physician during hospitalization.
Key Position Details:
- Works collaboratively with patients to improve their health and well-being.
- Practices in a thoughtful manner including consideration for cultural diversity, individual autonomy and legal responsibilities.
- Actively participates in multidisciplinary team approach to case management.
- Utilizes quality improvement tools to develop processes that promote continuous improvement in delivery of patient care, patient outcomes, or workflows.
- May participate in peer review and quality assurance.
- 70 plus Hospitalist team including physicians and APP's.
- Strong teaching atmosphere with the option to work with our associated family medicine residency program.
- 7 on 7 off schedule
- Excellian, our EMR, is a software product from Epic and is considered one of the most comprehensive systems in the nation.
- MD, DO, or foreign equivalency training required
- BE/BC with ABMS or AOA required
- Active, non-restricted medical license in MN (or ability to obtain)
- Ability to obtain and/or maintain MN DEA certification and National Provider Identifier (NPI)
- Ability to meet criteria/qualifications for Credentialing and hospital privileges, if applicable
- ACLS/BLS - required within 180 days of hire
United Hospital, located in downtown St. Paul, MN, is the largest hospital in the Twin Cities East Metro Area, providing innovative services and programs including the The Mother Baby Center, Allina Health Cancer Institute, Nasseff Heart Center, John Nasseff Neuroscience Institute, as well as psychiatry, women's health, surgical, rehabilitation and emergency services. With 2,949 employees, more than 1,000 physicians and 546 licensed beds, United Hospital provides a full range of health care services to 200,000 inpatients and outpatients each year.
Based in the Twin Cities of Minneapolis and St. Paul, Minnesota, Allina Health is a not for profit 503(c) organization, with 90+ clinics, 10 hospitals/13 campuses throughout the region including western Wisconsin. Allina Health operates in one of the nation’s most vibrant, livable areas; a place where you can build the career you want—and you and your family can be part of thriving community.
Lifting weight Up to 32 lbs. occasionally (*Allina Safe Patient Moving Policy), Up to 25 lbs. frequently