Oncology Nurse Practitioner or Physician Assistant
Number of Job Openings Available:1
Date Posted:June 22, 2023
Department:34009950 AHCI Cancer Center Saint Paul
Shift:Day (United States of America)
Hours Per Week:40
Job Summary:Based in the Twin Cities of Minneapolis and St. Paul, Minnesota, with 90+ clinics, 10 hospitals/13 campuses throughout the region including western Wisconsin, Allina Health operates in one of the nation’s most vibrant, livable areas. A place where you can build the career you want—and you and your family can be part of thriving community.
Allina Health is embarking on a transformational initiative to improve care for the 17,000 people diagnosed with cancer each year in the Twin Cities. The vision for the Allina Health Cancer Institute centers on value creation through coordination of the full continuum of oncology – from prevention/ detection through treatment and survivorship. The Institute is unique in the region and empowered to direct substantial investments in cancer facilities, clinical and research programs, and strategic partnerships. Importantly, the Institute oversees cancer care across the entire health system, ensuring that consistently exceptional outcomes are delivered in any setting where patients access cancer care. This model – tested and refined nationally at other large “hybrid” cancer programs –provides high-quality cancer care close to home.
Key Position Details:
The Allina Health Cancer Institute is seeking an Oncology Advanced Practice Provider to join the practice. This role will provide services in the east region of the Twin Cities and River Falls, Wisconsin.
- Full-time position. Monday- Friday 8am-4:30pm.
- This is a float position. Position includes 1 day per week at AHCI River Falls and a minimum of 2 days per week at AHCI- Hastings. Position will also float to AHCI- St. Paul.
- Team includes Hematologist/Oncologists and Advanced Practice Providers.
- The role will support solid tumor and hematology patients.
- The role includes seeing patients in clinic and in the hospital. In addition to covering the infusion center.
- EMR: Excellian is one of the most comprehensive electronic health record (EHR) systems in the nation.
- Completes comprehensive patient assessments.
- Orders and interprets medical diagnostics in tandem with attending physician.
- Prescribes medications, treatments, therapy and medical equipment.
- Conducts patient education when working to manage chronic illness or wellness care.
- Refers for specialty care when determined.
- Consults with physician when patient needs outside of Physician Assistant/ Nurse Practitioner's scope of practice, diagnosis or treatment plan is unclear.
- Promotes communication within the team and other interdisciplinary health care staff.
- Acts as resource to members of the team.
- Master's degree completion of accredited Nurse Practitioner program or Physician Assistant Program required.
- Oncology experience required.
- Minimum of 1 year of experience as a NP/PA required.
- Licensed Registered Nurse - MN Board of Nursing required upon hire (NP candidates).
- Certified Nurse Practitioner - (ANCC) - American Nurse Credentialing Center or Certified Physician Assistant (NCCPA) - National Commission Certification of Physician Assistants within specialty upon hire required.
- BLS certification required within 180 days of hire.
- Drug Enforcement Administration upon hire required.
Lifting weight Up to 32 lbs. occasionally (*Allina Safe Patient Moving Policy), Up to 25 lbs. frequently